Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Leather Cleaner
THEMACS

Leather Cleaner

What leather cleaner do people find the best to keep the leather looking Matt like new? I hate it when leather goes all shiney, so don't want a cleaner that is going to leave a horrible sticky glossy mess!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
20-03-2012 02:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Leather Cleaner

I'm guessing peoples replies will be gTechniq L1, But I know Meguires Gold Class Leather Treatment leaves it shiny, Auotglym Leather Care also does.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-03-2012 02:52pm
THEMACS

(20-03-2012 02:52pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I'm guessing peoples replies will be gTechniq L1, But I know Meguires Gold Class Leather Treatment leaves it shiny, Auotglym Leather Care also does.

Bugger!! I have just ordered a bunch of Gtecniq stuff too!!

Its Ok, have just been able to amend my order!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 20-03-2012 03:19pm by THEMACS.)
20-03-2012 03:10pm
3V0QU3

Leather Cleaner

I use Autoglym, and if you don't want a shiny finish wipe it off after applying it, i usually use kitchen roll, it leaves it nice and clean but takes the naff shine off.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
20-03-2012 08:17pm
THEMACS

The Autoglym stuff is crap, used it once and binned it! I have a BMW cleaning foam which is very good but can't always get hold of it. The Gtechniq stuff seems to be something to apply after cleaning, so I have also purchased a Gtechniq general cleaner which they say can be used to clean the leather before the L1, so will give it a whirl!

20-03-2012 08:49pm
tash

I use liquid leather/gliptone leaves leather in really nice conditionmatt and nice smell....for cheapness have been using the tin can stuff from halfords (can't remember name) and been really impressed, matt finish and smells nice

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
20-03-2012 09:02pm
moonigan

+1 for liquid leather/gliptone. I use the cleaner and conditioner. I use the cleaner on a bi-weekly/monthly basis and the conditioner every other clean.
22-03-2012 10:42am
WB
WB

GTechniq L1 is a protector rather than a cleaner. To clean the leather use some diluted Gtechniq W2 which brings it back to a perfect matt finish. The apply L1 on top to protect.
22-03-2012 02:15pm
Rootsboy

even though i have a lot of Gtechniq products in the end i brought LTT Auto Ultra 150 Kit it was pricey at 49 pounds, but it looks like the protector which you should apply every 6 months will last for ever, and the same goes for the maintain cleaner and protector. there is also a deep clean foam cleaner which will last less, but im sure you will only have to use on real stubborn stuff.
i wanted to go for a product from people that just deal with leather and after seeing a review of this stuff on a detailing forum i brought into it, and im more then happy, and yes the leather looks the same matt once its been applied.
do a search for ltt leather care or lttsolutions and you will find it

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
23-03-2012 12:06pm
THEMACS

(23-03-2012 12:06pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  even though i have a lot of Gtechniq products in the end i brought LTT Auto Ultra 150 Kit it was pricey at 49 pounds, but it looks like the protector which you should apply every 6 months will last for ever, and the same goes for the maintain cleaner and protector. there is also a deep clean foam cleaner which will last less, but im sure you will only have to use on real stubborn stuff.
i wanted to go for a product from people that just deal with leather and after seeing a review of this stuff on a detailing forum i brought into it, and im more then happy, and yes the leather looks the same matt once its been applied.
do a search for ltt leather care or lttsolutions and you will find it

Cheers will do. I also notice that LR do their own which is a LeatherMaster product or something like that for £15

23-03-2012 10:08pm