Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lease up. Keep?
morey000

Lease up. Keep?

OK, lease is up on my 2015 Pure Premium in 3 months. Car is still nearly immaculate.

Not that I think the evoque is that great of a car for the price. It's just the best looking and fits my needs.

For the price of my lease buyout, which is a fair value for the car- not a great deal, I can purchase a brand new fully loaded Jeep Cherokee or Subaru Outback.

thoughts?
28-02-2017 01:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Lease up. Keep?

Jeep Cherokee looks awful, cheap interior and in Europe awful engines and way way down the reliability tables. Subaru is a great car but the interior is no great shakes and mostly hard plastic. I would say that if you need the 4WD of the Jeep for a spot of 4 wheeling then go for it but you would miss the interior of the Evoque and while it doesn't have a transfer box and low ratios it can get a long way offroad. Outback in the UK is a Legacy on stilts - do you need the vast carrying capacity or a car that is used by the US Postal service for delivering mail? How about a 2017MY Evoque?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 05:47pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-02-2017 05:46pm
morey000

(28-02-2017 05:46pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Jeep Cherokee looks awful, cheap interior and in Europe awful engines and way way down the reliability tables. Subaru is a great car but the interior is no great shakes and mostly hard plastic. I would say that if you need the 4WD of the Jeep for a spot of 4 wheeling then go for it but you would miss the interior of the Evoque and while it doesn't have a transfer box and low ratios it can get a long way offroad. Outback in the UK is a Legacy on stilts - do you need the vast carrying capacity or a car that is used by the US Postal service for delivering mail? How about a 2017MY Evoque?

I'm in the US. the Jeep looks good to me from the outside, and the Overland edition on the inside is very luxurious and has all the new tech. Not as sharp as the Evoque- but nice. Plus, with discounts, I could get one fully loaded and brand new, for the price of buying my used Evoque. but yeah- not as good of a vehicle... i think. not really sure if you compare new to used.

as for the Subie- the interior is sad. I need adequate AWD, but don't need a low transfer case. Just a good system. My previous Subaru had excellent AWD and was a solid vehicle, as is my Evoque. I presume the Jeep would also qualify in 4WD abilities.
02-03-2017 01:50am
Doody

i've owned two JGCLs and both were champs. drove the last one into the ground and traded it on my RRE.

i bought my '12 used in '14 and i could have gotten a new '14 JGCL for only about 5K or so more than i paid for the used RRE --- but no regrets at all.

fwiw,
doody.

2012 Prestige Premium
02-03-2017 02:26am
morey000

I ended up turning in the '15, and buying a slightly used '16 SE Premium with only 6Kmi on it for just a few grand more than it would have cost me to buy my '15. Certified, pre-owned- so it has the extended warranty. The ride is better. the seats are better. the transmission mapping is more responsive. Only problem is that the fuel economy is down an mpg or two from my '15. Plan on keeping this one for at least 5 years. it's a solid and beautiful vehicle.
12-09-2017 08:13pm