Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Launch Evening
Zermatt Vulgaris

RE: Launch Evening

Ok went to the local dealership for a good old look around... only a static display did not test drive.

First impressions are that these are very much Range Rovers - build quality seems pretty good (some cheaper plastics hidden away) but general impression is good. The exterior styling certainly makes RRS and Fullfats look a little dated.

driving position is nice but perhaps the most un range rover aspect of the car... it does not seem to have a command driving position of the other LR/RR Models (Including FL2)

IMHO Getting into the 3 door is best left for infrequent use .... seat takes an age to move forward then its a real struggle and this was in a dealer show room let alone a tight car park. I'm 6'2" and head hits the headlining in the back although plenty of shoulder room . unless you never use the rear seats the 5 door is the way to go.

Favourite spec level was pure ... preferred the seats over the sports seats in the dynamic and i did n't think the leather quality in the prestige warranted the extra cash.... certainly not up to RRS premium leather standard. the local pure car is orkney grey with cirrus interior and i liked this car a lot . Only issue seemed to be that to me there was already signs of blue dye from jeans on the seats.

I sat in a black dynamic 3 door with black headlining and sports seats and tinted windows and no panaramic roof .... in the back this was very claustrophobic. I'd think very carefully before i went down this route. This car had a honeycomb silver dash which looked like it had been lifted out of a Fiesta Zetec (sorry if this offends)... i wouldn't spec this finish imho the plain brushed silver looked better.

Not sure i was sensitised to this ussue by tims post but he's right cars with sports seats need a RR style armrest .

For me the insert above the glove box lacks a Range Rover Lozenge badge as fittted to FFRR/RRS.. i know it has one on the steering wheel but it could do with a small one here.

New Orkney Grey is very smart and a lot closer to stornoway than it looks in photos were it tends to look washed out. I'd certainly be very happy if I'd chosen this colour. Black looks better close up than I'd thought, followed one out of the dealership and it had real road presence .

I was impressed by the panaramic roof in the 5 door and how quickly the electric boot lid shut on the prestige.

I wouldn't replace my RRS with one but it is an excellent addition to the range and in Pure trim represents good value for money.

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011 03:09pm by Zermatt Vulgaris.)
11-09-2011 02:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

Zermatt,
Very well said.
I couldn't have put it better myself. Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
11-09-2011 03:05pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

Doug, from your signature you've ordered the car I'd buy Smile

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2011 03:13pm by Zermatt Vulgaris.)
11-09-2011 03:11pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

From these posts it would seem lots of dealers have the same dynamic black/black/black headliner with no pan roof. Can't for the life of me think why as it gives a rubbish example of a coupe.
11-09-2011 03:23pm
paulus599

I agree, they had the same at the Newcastle dealership and should have issued people with a torch when they got in that one!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
11-09-2011 05:12pm
LP

I couldnt make the evening do on Thursday but was passing Lookers Park Royal today so stopped in to take a look. Most of the evoques (and the sales guys for that matter) have gone AWOL. They had the Pure Orkney Grey in the showroom and a White dynamic on ramps outside.
11-09-2011 06:10pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

The Lookers team were hosting a driver event somewhere flash with their new toys this weekend.
Think our invites got lost in the post LP Confused

Paul, that would be fun eh? Wink
11-09-2011 07:08pm
paulus599

Very Happy It would be, yes. Can't see my dealer doing anything like that though, you'll just have to scrounge an invite for me to lookers.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
12-09-2011 12:11pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

Imagine the discussion chatting to Mrs ZV last night....

Me "i wonder how Lakeland's Launch for the evoque went last thursday .... "

Mrs ZV " oh we were invited to that .... but i threw the invite away... its only a car launch "

We now have an understanding that nothing comes through the post box with a green oval on the front gets thrown away until i get a chance to read it.

14-09-2011 10:17am