Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Problems per Vehicle Survey - Industry Average
chiggy

Problems per Vehicle Survey - Industry Average

http://watoday.drive.com.au/motor-news/t...20pcs.html

One Small look down the list.. or well... long look down the list.. and it turns out Ford, Lincoln, Jeep, Subaru, Chrysler (thought these cars always had issues), Nissan, Chevrolet.... all have fewer issues per 100 cars produced.

In fact, in 100 vehicles produced, Land Rover has 19 issues. It seems that my previous car had 19 of those 119 issues which effectively means every car has an issue...

Promising signs!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-06-2012 06:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TiTan

RE: Problems per Vehicle Survey - Industry Average

I know you were only joking, but these surveys do need to be taken with a huge grain of salt - they are based on "customer impressions" and are only after 3 months of ownership. A fiddly sat nav or radio can see a company plummet as owners consider that a "problem" with the car.

That being said, it is interesting to see LR's sister brand Jaguar (traditionally a marque famed for its unreliability) right near the top, with an average of less than one problem per car. LR's result of 119 problems per 100 vehicles isn't too shabby either - but again, without knowing what the problems are said to be, its all a bit meaningless.
21-06-2012 07:15am
chiggy

(21-06-2012 07:15am)TiTan Wrote:  I know you were only joking, but these surveys do need to be taken with a huge grain of salt - they are based on "customer impressions" and are only after 3 months of ownership. A fiddly sat nav or radio can see a company plummet as owners consider that a "problem" with the car.

That being said, it is interesting to see LR's sister brand Jaguar (traditionally a marque famed for its unreliability) right near the top, with an average of less than one problem per car. LR's result of 119 problems per 100 vehicles isn't too shabby either - but again, without knowing what the problems are said to be, its all a bit meaningless.

Haha! I was only joking but I agree the whole survey was a bit meaningless... but even considering it may have just been small niggly things... its still comparing those small niggles to all other cars as well.

Long term I have no doubt a lot of those car brands above LR would have more problems than LR like the jeeps/chryslers/Rams/chevrolets.

I was quite impressed with Jaguar being up there!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-06-2012 07:26am
BA74

Agree, doesn't take into consideration the scale of the issues.
Zero issues for my Evoque to date (2 weeks!)Very Happy

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
21-06-2012 08:42am