Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Landrover Coventry
Pommyboi

Landrover Coventry

I am wondering if anyone else has dealt with Guy Salmon Coventry and what your experience was like?

I found the service to be very good before I ordered the car, they were responsive, quick to return calls and emails and I liked the sale guys I dealt with. After ordering the car I find emails not replied to from the servicing department re: servicing costs until I chase for a response, emails not replied to by the sales guy until I send a 2nd one copying in the sales manager. Now I have a new contact in sales and had to cancel a planned test drive on Monday, I asked for a call back monday and called again yesterday morning requesting they call me to arrange another test drive.

I also spoke to the business manager last week for an example of leasing compared to PCP repayments based on my current spec - no email as promised and no call to find out when I'm next in the dealer as I had said I would try to see him on Monday.

I wonder if I will hear from them today? I am near Coventry tomorrow and really want to take a manual SD4 out to compare with an Auto SD4.

I'm starting to feel like this is the standard customer service you get in many car dealerships - they just don't care about you once you have paid the deposit.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
18-04-2012 09:24am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Landrover Coventry

My initial enquiries were through GS Coventry - 'underwhelmed' would sum it up, so I test-drove and ordered through GS in Stratford-Upon-Avon who have been very good and 'switched on'. My sales person, Leona Presley, is absolutely excellent and beyond reproach.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
18-04-2012 12:21pm
PhilSkill

Been fine with me, didn't have to chase during the wait, all initial issues sorted out without Question, they could be a bit more responsive, and have to see how they do with Servicing as Stratford is definitely an option for me too, and they're sister companies anyway so all know eachother between the 2 dealers.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-04-2012 02:05pm
Pommyboi

well I finally got a call back but only because I called this afternoon.

On order: Feb 2012 - Pure, 5 door, SD4 auto, Style 4 wheels, Front parking, fog lights, rear camera, spare wheel. Red Contrast roof, Ebony- final spec TBC
18-04-2012 05:50pm
FujiSan

No problems with me. My contact in fleet sales always responds with good information and has always had an answer for me that stood up to scrutiny.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
18-04-2012 08:15pm
PhilSkill

One of the plus signs for Guy Salmon Coventry is they have a full Land Rover approved body shop on-site, I had to have the front replaced on mine under warranty and they did this onsite and the paint work was perfect although I had a piece of the arch trim come loose but they subsequently sorted that, I asked as I thought I may have been the first Evoque that they had done, but they told me they had done at least 4 before mine, apart from some unlucky sole who had crashed theirs, the rest were the Test cars from Gaydon.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-04-2012 08:52pm