Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Landrover Being Sneeky/P** take With Option Prices.
NightFox

RE: Landrover Being Sneeky/P** take With Option Prices.

When I was speccing my Pure up and was getting close to about £6000 worth of options I thought it was maybe time to start looking at the Prestige as that included most of my options as standard. Trouble is, it was still about another £4k on top for a few more extras that I wasn't actually bothered about. OK, there may be some impact on residuals in 3 years time but I've not got major concerns, don't think I'll lose as much as the £4k extra a Prestige would have cost me. Besides, I've specced and bought this car for me, not for the next owner.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2012 11:31am by NightFox.)
24-12-2012 11:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(24-12-2012 03:27am)EpicEvo Wrote:  Is there a big difference in comfort between pure and prestige? I hope I'm not diss appointed

I doubt there is any difference just the Prestige has a softer leather which I doubt has any significance to the ride just to touch. I do feel though that on a longer journey in my Dynamic that I feel as if I have been sitting on a wooden bench lol.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
24-12-2012 08:35pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightFox

(24-12-2012 03:27am)EpicEvo Wrote:  Is there a big difference in comfort between pure and prestige? I hope I'm not diss appointed

I can't compare it with the Prestige, but I do know that my Pure is probably the most comfortable car I've ever owned, and that includes an RRS and Disco 3

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
24-12-2012 08:52pm
doug

(24-12-2012 11:31am)NightFox Wrote:  When I was speccing my Pure up and was getting close to about £6000 worth of options I thought it was maybe time to start looking at the Prestige as that included most of my options as standard. Trouble is, it was still about another £4k on top for a few more extras that I wasn't actually bothered about. OK, there may be some impact on residuals in 3 years time but I've not got major concerns, don't think I'll lose as much as the £4k extra a Prestige would have cost me. Besides, I've specced and bought this car for me, not for the next owner.

+ 1
By the time I had specced up my pure at £37K it was still £3.5K less than a prestige or dynamic. The extras are for me, I fully understand they will only be worth around 10% of there cost in 3years time.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
24-12-2012 08:53pm
same2you

(24-12-2012 11:31am)NightFox Wrote:  When I was speccing my Pure up and was getting close to about £6000 worth of options I thought it was maybe time to start looking at the Prestige as that included most of my options as standard. Trouble is, it was still about another £4k on top for a few more extras that I wasn't actually bothered about. OK, there may be some impact on residuals in 3 years time but I've not got major concerns, don't think I'll lose as much as the £4k extra a Prestige would have cost me. Besides, I've specced and bought this car for me, not for the next owner.

I was in the same dilemma here... When adding the options I want on the Pure (the main one was Rear Seat Entertainment for the kids), then I was adding almost $12,000 onto the base price. However, to spec out the Prestige to include the RSE, it was $16,000 over the price of the base Pure to get the RSE (i.e. an additional 4k uplift). I opted for the Pure as I wanted Black-on-Black anyways and therefore was not going to gain much out to the Prestige. As far as resale goes; I doubt I would ever recover the extra money spent on the Prestige either way.
24-12-2012 09:01pm