Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Landrover Being Sneeky/P** take With Option Prices.
The Valeter

Bad enough they had to raise the cost of the car by approx £1000 (Dynamic/Prestige in May this yea but they are playing with accessories etc too! Why? Not as if they are cash strapped, just playing on those who have not bought LR previously who won't notice & hope I guess that us others are dumb enough not to notice.Evil

There are probably several things that have changed but a couple I can think of are - making the Aeroflip spoiler on the Dynamic a £150 option when it was previously standard, Raising the Tech Pack by £100.
Then remember recently the metallic paint became a standard item though a £550 price rise at the same time so no benefit to us & no extra for LR just one less option to put on an order form I suppose = OK unless you want Fuji White where you blow out for an extra £550 Mad
When the Metallic was the £550 option the Premium metallics were £900 so a difference of £350 now the Premiums are £550 so I guess another case of adding an extra £200 thinking that folk are used to seeing the £550 option & won't notice, well I did. I mentioned this to Nick@Landrover on the phone the other day & said I wasn't that impressed with these sort of games as I was thinking of Barollo for my next car but am not being stitched up in the process!

Unless raw materials have increased on certain items then I think this is a very annoying stance for LR to be pennypinching!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
23-12-2012 05:41pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: Landrover Being Sneeky/P** take With Option Prices.

The sad fact is, people are still queuing to get there hands on an Evoque, so will still pay the prices. Even though it's a bit of a cheek.

My one for example £28,705 before options now LR have done away with the TD4 engines it will now cost £30,995. It's went up over £2k in a year.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-12-2012 06:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(23-12-2012 06:02pm)J77 Wrote:  The sad fact is, people are still queuing to get there hands on an Evoque, so will still pay the prices. Even though it's a bit of a cheek.

My one for example £28,705 before options now LR have done away with the TD4 engines it will now cost £30,995. It's went up over £2k in a year.

Ahh yes the £30,995. I am just speccing up a Pure with options & reached £37,540!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

23-12-2012 06:14pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

Its easy to get carried away.

23-12-2012 06:20pm
Urban Splash

Another consideration, loading a pure with £7k of options will be a nightmare come selling time. At least a pure tech is an option.....

I went through the pure/prestige debate many times. Decided to go with Prestige. Nicer leather and metallic paint included made sense for me...

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
23-12-2012 06:39pm
The Valeter

That's just it Metallic paint is now included on all Evoque's.

I like the Prestige leather but I suspect the Dynamic/Pure is harder wearing to be honest.

I also want the 825W hifi & Panoramic contrast roof & by the time you add that to a Prestige SD4 Auto you are over the £40K mark & on a Prestige I would say you really need to spec automatic transmission.

I am thinking of a Pure Tech with contrast Pano Roof which will hold the value then a few other options some of which would be standard on a Prestige & some not.

Then again a Freelander Dynamic in Fuji White could be worth a punt with a few options! Problem with that is it won't hold it's value anywhere as near as good!

(This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 06:49pm by The Valeter.)
23-12-2012 06:47pm
J77

I've looked at the freelander 2 13MY, speced one up:

TD4 XS manual
Mauritius Blue

Options above the standard spec:
Heated steering wheel
Piano black trim
Halogens with signature lighting
Cold climate pack
Arm rest pack

Just under £32,000, that seems a good spec for the money. But as you say values not as strong as the Evoque and there is a new one just around the corner.

(This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 07:21pm by J77.)
23-12-2012 07:18pm
Evo-king

The Pure is a very good choice.

However, the dilemma in buying one is that most of us look at the options list as many of them are very desirable if not essential, and before you know it the cost is only a little short of a Prestige or Dynamic.

Also, other poster have pointed that come resale time these options don't pay you back.

One of the reasons we went for a Dynamic instead.

However, if you restrict your options on a Pure then you get the value, but if you have owned a Dynamic like The Valeter has, it will be a tougher choice.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-12-2012 08:53pm
Steveb68

I had originally specs up the pure but as I live in Austria one of the big features for me was the adaptive dynamics and you can't get that on the pure spec. I am paying extra for it on the dynamic I am buying just because it isn't standard on the Austrian spec. I believe that it is standard on the UK Dynamic spec.

I am buying the car through the diplomatic service in London but we still have to use the Austrian specs and not just swap over a UK spec to the LHD

Ordered for end March 2013
Dynamic SD4 automatic, Orkney grey, contrast Santorini Pano roof, style 7 shadow chrome, Privacy Glass, Tech Pac 2, Park assist,CHANGED TO VORTEX interior,Black Roof Rails,Adaptive Dynamics, and yes I know its a lot of money but aeroflip, Ebony H Lining, cold climate pack,adaptive Xenon headlights and Spare wheel
23-12-2012 11:52pm
EpicEvo

Is there a big difference in comfort between pure and prestige? I hope I'm not diss appointed
24-12-2012 03:27am