Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Not Accepting Coupe Orders?
ant

RE: Land Rover Not Accepting Coupe Orders?

(04-05-2011 03:23pm)griff Wrote:  More from my dealer" I have been assured by LR that Coupes will be available in September, we are allocated a number of cars for September yours being one. If other companies have got more (orders) than their allocated lots (for September on) then this would push back delivery times for them. The cars are currently sitting in Land Rover holding pool until our order bank opens. This is not something I can open, this is something the factory do. You are currently sitting 3rd on the list."
Simples

@griff -- please post pics as soon as you pick it up. Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
04-05-2011 05:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mb8388

(04-05-2011 03:23pm)griff Wrote:  More from my dealer" I have been assured by LR that Coupes will be available in September, we are allocated a number of cars for September yours being one. If other companies have got more (orders) than their allocated lots (for September on) then this would push back delivery times for them. The cars are currently sitting in Land Rover holding pool until our order bank opens. This is not something I can open, this is something the factory do. You are currently sitting 3rd on the list."
Simples
That's good news for you, but I'm 5th on my dealer's list and he's taken orders from further down the list because they're 5-door requests. He still insists that LR haven't begun accepting coupe orders.
To make matters worse I've just read pimbrokken's thread about delayed delivery on cars specified with panoramic roof (most coupes I'd suspect), 20" wheels and Adaptive Dynamics!
05-05-2011 07:46am
griff

(05-05-2011 07:46am)mb8388 Wrote:  
Simples
That's good news for you, but I'm 5th on my dealer's list and he's taken orders from further down the list because they're 5-door requests. He still insists that LR haven't begun accepting coupe orders.
To make matters worse I've just read pimbrokken's thread about delayed delivery on cars specified with panoramic roof (most coupes I'd suspect), 20" wheels and Adaptive Dynamics!
Ouch that is not good or fair business.
LR are going to shoot themselves in the foot if they are not careful. Lead in marketing for a year and then not being able to deliver first orders having bragged about the waiting list will have people walking away.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
05-05-2011 08:26am
BFGEvoqueMan

I have ordered my car through the militray sales programme and our cars are delivered through Marshalls in Peterborough. However, yesterday I went to the LR dealer in Stratford to ask when the first cars are coming in, do they have a pre launch event etc so I could maybe see the car etc etc. I couln't have been treated with more contempt! "We haven't any brochures, don't know when the first cars are arriving". Perhaps this is there way of delaying any body ordering an Evoque, especially anyone who dares to make their car look nice with a panoromic roof or phat alloys! Twisted EvilTwisted Evil

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
05-05-2011 09:44am
LRX
Banned

I think MB8388 is just making this stuff up. I'll wait to hear info from my dealer first.
05-05-2011 09:45am
mb8388

(05-05-2011 09:45am)LRX Wrote:  I think MB8388 is just making this stuff up. I'll wait to hear info from my dealer first.

You think I'm making it up?? I wish it wasn't true.
Why don't you call Martin Wilson, LR Stratstone Hull on 01482 645413 and see what response you get!
05-05-2011 10:12am
LRX
Banned

Is this the same dealer that told you there were component problems on the 3dr? No thanks.
05-05-2011 03:01pm
mb8388

(05-05-2011 03:01pm)LRX Wrote:  Is this the same dealer that told you there were component problems on the 3dr? No thanks.

He's the one... what do you think he's playing at?
05-05-2011 03:33pm
vinda

The melons just adding to the hype
05-05-2011 04:22pm
Kermit

(04-05-2011 10:25am)LRX Wrote:  I'm finding my dealer to be a nightmare too. Never returns calls, doesn't reply to emails etc. Really putting me off Range Rover.

Can you change dealer?
(05-05-2011 09:44am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  I couln't have been treated with more contempt! "We haven't any brochures,

I picked up a brochure at the Coffs Harbour (Australia) dealer when I called in last Saturday. It is only a printed form of the pdf we've all seen, but still nice have.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2011 02:37am by Kermit.)
06-05-2011 02:34am