Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Insurance and the Pano Roof
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Just renewed my policy with them and price is up a tiny amount over last year and they confirm that the policy covers full replacement of a broken panoramic roof with no additional premium or excess. The person at the other end of the phone was very surprised that there are companies out there that will not cover the pano roof. LRI is owned by Original Insurance not LR

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-03-2013 06:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JohnM

RE: Land Rover Insurance and the Pano Roof

Thanks for that I will give them a try, don't mind if they are a bit more than the usual suspects as long as the cover really is comprehensive.
18-03-2013 08:40pm
sBell

I'm with telcos and its not covered if anything happened it would need to be a full claim
18-03-2013 08:55pm
flurberman

Just renewed my insurance with Admiral, they confirmed in writing the pano roof is covered under their glass policy.
18-03-2013 11:40pm
recordman

RAC insurance specifically excludes pano roofs. I'm with LV= and it's covered under the glass section.
19-03-2013 12:06pm
SINGHY

Tim
I just rang LR insurance that you're referring to for a quote, as well as being considerably more expensive than my current insurer, they categorically stated that the pano roof is not included as part of the glass cover and as it is a factory fitted part of the body would be treated as a body repair. The lady I spoke to consulted a colleague before confirming the above. You might want to reconfirm what you were advised.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
22-03-2013 06:55pm
XFullFatTim

Two things Singhy

a) They are more expensive because they cover risks that other insurers don't even venture into covering - offroad use and off road recovery, also
included is anything you tow behind the car and anything on the roof rack

b) I will contact them again but the guy I spoke to phoned me back after speaking to their under-writers to confirm that I have full cover on the pano roof.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 07:29pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-03-2013 07:28pm
Daigriff

If there's any doubt get it in writing Tim.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
22-03-2013 07:37pm
Trapdoor

I have an email from Land Rover Insurance (or more accurately Verex Group, the company that administers) and they confirm that the Pano roof is covered. I specifically asked, and wanted written confirmation in case of a future claim.

A bit academic for me at the moment, but I'll be going with LRI once my replacement car is delivered.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
25-03-2013 02:39pm
XFullFatTim

I now also have an email similar to Trapdoor's

25-03-2013 08:01pm