Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Experience in Evoque
Evo-king

RE: Land Rover Experience in Evoque

Got me a half day LRE voucher, so I will be upgrading to a Full day very soon.

Question is do I go back to Eastnor which is only 20 miles from me or try another centre?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-01-2013 08:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rchrdleigh

If Eastnor is your nearest centre then I'd go for it - although you might have trouble getting a booking slot unless you opt for a weekday.
03-01-2013 08:44pm
Evo-king

Being retired, week days are fine for me.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-01-2013 08:48pm
ojonesyo

(03-01-2013 08:22pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Got me a half day LRE voucher, so I will be upgrading to a Full day very soon.

Question is do I go back to Eastnor which is only 20 miles from me or try another centre?
I am told that unwanted vouchers are sold on ebay....worth a try?
Trying other locations?....cant really answer that, other than to say that in my experience, the location, scenery, staff and general ambiance offered by Eastnor would take some beating.

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
04-01-2013 03:02pm
heronb

I've just received a voucher for a half day LRE and wondered if there is a standout venue for taking this? Thinking of combining it with a short break so Dunkeld or Skipton are tempting, anyone been to either and have an opinion of them?

thanks
17-06-2013 12:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've done Dunkeld 4-5 times now, it is in stunning scenary next to the Hilton Resort Hotel. If you upgrade to a full day course there then you go out to drive on the Atholl Estates in the afternoon.
If you are planning on coming to Dunkeld then you could join in the drive in company likely to be at the end of September too....... The "fall" is a good time to go as there are beautiful mixed forests in the area and the colours can be fantastic
The attraction of Eastnor is that it is the LR "secret" offroad testing facility for new Land Rover vehicles. It is unlikely that on an LRE day you will see any secret development vehicles but you never know!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 01:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-06-2013 01:47pm
heronb

Thanks for that, it must be good if you've done it so many times.

Cheers

Just a thought, when is midgey (sp) season?
(This post was last modified: 17-06-2013 04:26pm by heronb.)
17-06-2013 04:11pm
Tony

Just a thought, when is midgey (sp) season?
[/quote]

NOW!

I am slapping on midge bit lotion as I type.

Dunkeld is good but Eastnor is better, we have done Eastnor 4 times and Dunkeld once.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
17-06-2013 07:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes Eastnor is the Granddaddy of them all and was the first one IIRC. The one at Solihull factory is pretty good too
and you get to do things there that the other LRE's don't have - in the right car you drive the Jungle route, then there are the Elephants Footprints, the exceptionally steep and slippery hills and the flight of steps........ not forgetting the broken bridge.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-06-2013 07:35am
heronb

I haven't done an LRE at all so the choice of the best places is good, think I'll decide on where to go for a break and pick the nearest.

Cheers, watch those midgies!
18-06-2013 12:48pm