Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Experience in Evoque
The Valeter

RE: Land Rover Experience in Evoque

Went on the Experience yesterday at Luton Hoo. Very very enjoyable made even better by very knowledgeable staff/instructors.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
05-11-2011 02:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dwp

Just did the LR experience at Skipton yesterday, fantastic, great afternoon out. Its amazing to see what the car can do, not that mine ever will!! Anyone sitting on a voucher and not thinking of using it, do it, you'll love it.

TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Santorini, Black Leather, Tech Pack, Style Pack, Privacy.
17-08-2012 04:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightFox

I've never worked out the apparent disconnect between LR dealers and the Experience Centres.

3 times I've been given LRE vouchers by my dealer after buying a new car, then everytime I've used them it's been clear that the LRE staff are a little confused as to why I'm doing an off road test drive of a car I already own.

I can see the LRE staff's point - surely the point of LR providing these centres is to tempt new customers, not to give existing customers somewhere to play?

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
17-08-2012 04:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The LRE's also give existing owners a lot to learn, many existing owners have never taken a Land Rover off road so it's never too late to have a free lesson. LRE's also run off-road safety courses and LR approved courses for Public Utility Employees who get to drive Defenders and Disco's for work - often with winches stuck on them so they need proper lessons in how to use them safely. LRE vouchers are a useful way to get back a client who might be wavering over whether or not to buy another LR, and the vouchers are not cheap, even for the dealers, who have to pay for them just like you or me if we booked a course.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-08-2012 08:19pm
Dwp

(17-08-2012 04:33pm)NightFox Wrote:  I've never worked out the apparent disconnect between LR dealers and the Experience Centres.

3 times I've been given LRE vouchers by my dealer after buying a new car, then everytime I've used them it's been clear that the LRE staff are a little confused as to why I'm doing an off road test drive of a car I already own.

I can see the LRE staff's point - surely the point of LR providing these centres is to tempt new customers, not to give existing customers somewhere to play?

That definitely was'nt the experience I had, it's my first Landrover and for me it was a chance to drive the car in situations that I will probably never put my own through, the instructor was great and I learned stuff that I could apply to winter driving, snow, ice etc.

For LR to give the opportunity to prospective customers, think it would end up a little expensive.

TD4 Pure, 5 Door, Santorini, Black Leather, Tech Pack, Style Pack, Privacy.
17-08-2012 11:29pm
Evo-king

On our LRE Full Day, it started off with a presentation, during that presentation we were all asked what we were driving and why we had attended.

Following our answers, the instructor pointed out that those non RRE owners might want to go to their dealer after to order an Evoque or another LR product.

All done a bit tongue in cheek, but the reference was there that these LRE's also sell cars.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-08-2012 12:05am
Blackseries

(17-08-2012 08:19pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The LRE's also give existing owners a lot to learn, many existing owners have never taken a Land Rover off road so it's never too late to have a free lesson.

Too true ....... as this tread explains.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Evoque-to-the-Rescue

BTW anyone done a "drive your own car" LRE ...... I'm doing one in early October, my experience during the rescue has given me a bit of a taste for it.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
21-08-2012 03:20pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It was because of doing silly things in my Freelander1 that I ended up with a 2nd car that could handle the rough stuff a bit better - especially after taking out the offside sill of the Freelander on a rocky section at a pay and play centre. I also did my first LRE as a result of the local dealership - maybe I should blame them for the great fun I've had with my
various Land and Range Rovers since. Everybody who is given a free LRE voucher should take it and use it as they cost the dealerships (or maybe LR!) £350 a shot! LR used to give them out to whoever was considering buying any LR product new or used, but take up was so low that they stopped handing them out. I know guys with Cayennes and Jeeps who are happy to pay to go on LRE courses even though they don't get to drive their own cars, they get pretty good tuition about their own cars too

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2012 05:03pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-08-2012 05:01pm
rchrdleigh

(18-08-2012 12:05am)Evo-king Wrote:  All done a bit tongue in cheek, but the reference was there that these LRE's also sell cars.

LRE's do not sell cars - at least not directly as they get no commission from Dealers for persuading a customer to buy.

What LRE's do, and do well is to showcase what the car can do both on and offroad and give the owner more confidence in the capabilities of their vehicle. Obviously they will stress the strong points of each model in the range and maybe suggest which vehicle is the most appropriate for the customer. An LRE Instructor friend of mine recently hosted a client for a half day experience in a Discovery and it was clear that the most appropriate vehicle was actually a Freelander.

LRE Instructors tend to be very knowledgeable about the LR/RR product range and if they can't answer a question they will know a man who can.

As others have said, if you're given a free half day voucher - use it. You'll have fun and hopefully learn more about your vehicle, or possible vehicle if you're still looking.
10-10-2012 07:36pm
ojonesyo

I took a friend to enjoy a half day Evoque experience and a half day Range Rover experience at Eastnor Castle yesterday. The member of staff was Roger, who proved to be very informative and was happy to tailor the day to our interests and preferences. The course, covering expansive areas of the 6000 acre estate, and completely waterlogged by heavy rainfall, was a wonderful test, especially for the Evoque, a vehicle that so many folks see as 'barely a proper LandRover'. It coped so well with conditions, and we came away so much better aware of its capabilities and features.
Add to that the fact that all vehicles are showroom stock, with standard tyres, with the only difference being an added alloy plate to protect the front from overenthusiastic drivers. The traction systems were very impressive and the showstopper was the Range Rover's 'Sand launch' which was impressive, if not likely to be needed on our family farm soon! Book a trip to find out about it....I'm saying no more. Best of all was the experts ability and willingness to adapt the day to our level of skill and interests. On finding out that we also have a Discovery 4, he even took me to a waiting car to take me through the trailer/hitch systems that I did not know existed on our own D4. Well done Roger and well done Landrover!

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
03-01-2013 06:47pm