Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Experience in Evoque
PhilSkill

RE: Land Rover Experience in Evoque

(18-06-2013 07:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  then there are the Elephants Footprints

Didn't know there are Elephants in Solihull Laughing

Eastnor is great, but any of them will do if it's your first experience to get a feel for what it can do.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-06-2013 01:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RRSteve

A few ago I attended the 1/2 day Land Rover Experience at Eastnor. Enjoyed it. Very impressed what the Evoque can do on road tyres!

[Image: 14172986501_450e0e6cd8_b.jpg]

[Image: 13989609518_7a6593463f_b.jpg]

Video:

https://flic.kr/p/nAqcoc
09-06-2014 03:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The idea of the LRE's as Richard says is to show off the car's capabilities without scaring the driver or passenger and without damaging the vehicle. They are great fun, very educational (even after doing quite a few there is always something new to learn). I think the best session I have had was up at Dunkeld in a pre-launch New Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 SDv8 ( near £100,000's worth!) in -5c temperatures with 6" ice on the watery bits of the course and getting on for 6" of fresh snow and there were 25 cars for there for us punters. Every one of them came back with really badly scratched (from the ice) alloys, but boy did we all have fun driving up and down the grassy slopes covered in frozen snow and wading through 10" deep frozen mud and ruts - the FFRR's didn't even notice the conditions, could have been a sunny day in Monte Carlo for all the tricks they could do with their TR system set in auto mode all done in cars shod with 22" road wheels/ tyres!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 04:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
09-06-2014 04:47pm
RogB

Ive just purchased an approved used Evoque, with the promise of the LRE 1/2 day

do I have to ring up a site myself or wait for the voucher to come through ?

I did one before when I bought my 1st Freelander 2 but I took the FFRR out that day which turned out to be quite boring as the car did everything for me Very Happy

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
15-08-2016 11:45am
Pete

You should have a little booklet/leaflet in with your documentation, or you can talk to your dealer about it.

If you've already done a half day course, I'd really recommend spending a bit extra and going for the full day - and choose a Defender. Best fun I've had in a car for ages, you really get a good feel for how good the mechanics are; about the only electric thing you'll use is the ignition and indicators.

Porsche Macan
15-08-2016 01:26pm
RogB

cheers Pete,
I did get a section about the LRE offer in the mountains of marketing bumpf that they gave me with the car. Ill check through it again to see the process.

It was run a bit differently the last time I did it, as the complimentary 1/2 day only gave you a run round on the roads with the instructor doing some mild off roading, I paid the extra then to up grade so I could drive it off road and went for the £85k 4.4 TDV8 FFRR as I knew id never own one Very Happy

this time round I think you automatically get the off road part of it, so that will do for me as Ill go for the Evoque to see what its capable of.

As for the Defender, Im now a chunky 6'3'' so wont have much room behind the wheel, but had plenty of fun driving green Series 3, Defender 90/110 and Wolf 90/100 a few years ago so I know what they can do and then some Wink Very Happy

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

(This post was last modified: 15-08-2016 02:03pm by RogB.)
15-08-2016 02:03pm
Pete

When I went to Eastnor earlier in the year, it was all off-road apart from a very small amount. These days, going for the free half-day, you run the risk of having to share your ride with up to three other people.

Sigh, I used to own a FFRR 4.4 SDV8 - there's not a day goes past when I don't miss it.

Porsche Macan
15-08-2016 02:09pm
RogB

yeh there is the risk of sharing, but im planning on booking a weekday to try and lessen the chance.

The FFRR is nice, but just not for me as I have no use for anything that big. It would be nice if the Evoque came with air suspension and a nice V6 or V8 lump though Very Happy

15-08-2016 02:33pm
rchrdleigh

The complimentary half day you get when you buy a new or approved used vehicle is for the sole use of the vehicle. You shouldn't be asked to share.
15-08-2016 09:35pm
RogB

Ive just booked onto my complimentary LRE day at Eastnor, the earliest they could book was December so I opted for January instead to get their Evoque off road.

They said on the phone I could bring 2 guests, does that mean those guests get to drive as well or just sit in as passengers ?

01-09-2016 12:05pm