Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Experience Stellenbosch
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Land Rover Experience Stellenbosch

Dynamic has less approach angle than the PURE amd PRESTIGE due to it's "racier" spoilers. Have no idea how I would remove the front/rear spoilering to avoid damage - have never bothered and haven't had damage. It was explained to me on the pre-launch events that the Evoque's TR is a more recent version with different mapping, programs do the same but in a slightly different "tune" so to speak! Also in the Dynamic or Prestige with AD, the AD is programmed into the TR. In fact the prestige/ pure are not "lesser" in the spoilering dept offroad!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 03:02am by XFullFatTim.)
21-06-2013 03:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crimdog

Haha that's no fun tim, I was expecting you to disagree with me! Lol.

Be interesting to see the difference in fl2 and evo out on a track.
21-06-2013 03:08am
RRSteve

(15-09-2012 06:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Neither have I but it could be so for the Dynamic as our front bumper is deeper than the lesser versions.......... ducks to receive incoming flak.

Dynamics are for the city posers! Tongue Out

You never see one at the Experience centers! Wink

Actually, joking aside, I actually chose the Prestige because for me the Dynamic's extra paint on the lower sills makes it look too slab like at the sides. Also the black sections of the non-Dynamic models really shows the styling better, especially on the white. I'm also not overly keen on the fake exhaust tips in the bumper with them being just trim! They could have done a better job there IMO.

I was originally after the petrol but they only do that in Dynamic trim? Pleased with the diesel mind.

Each to their own though! Very Happy
21-06-2013 10:09am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You don't see them LREs because they come with unsuitable wheels and tyres and have those lower spoilers on the front and rear. LREs have to show potential buyers the cars at their best, all LRE cars are unmodified from the showroom condition apart possibly from higher profile tyres, but not off road biased tyres. What you get at an LRE is basically what rolls out of the door of every dealer, regardless of whether it is the most expensive FFRR or the most basic Defender.
In the Autumn of last year Top Gear Magazine did a feature about how good a Dynamic was offroad - with very little modification they surprised themselves with what it could do - IIRC they stuck 18" ATR tyres on theirs and an alloy sump guard in place of the plastic one that is there as standard, it only needed a helping hand out of a hole by a Defender once............. After they had torn the rear bumper off it, otherwise it followed a defender around the rougher parts of the Atholl Estates in Perthshire very well.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-06-2013 10:54am
rchrdleigh

At my local LRE Centre both the Evoque and Freelander are running on 'standard' 19 inch wheels. Both are SD4 autos, the Evoque is a Prestige and the Freelander an HSE (almost Lux). In terms of performance both are highly capable off road vehicles, if anything the Freelander is marginally better off road than the Evoque as it tends not to rub the bottom of the platform as much when going over some obstacles and rutted tracks.

The Evoque has up to 215mm ground clearance at the front and up to 240mm at the rear.
The Freelander has up to 210mm at the front and 265mm at the rear.
21-06-2013 07:41pm
Tony

We found both equally very capable, while the Evoque has more advanced TR software the Freelander scores on far superior visibility.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
22-06-2013 04:40pm