Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Land Rover Approved Used
Iangam

Land Rover Approved Used

Just in case I'm not the only one who didn't know when you buy LR approved the warranty that LR provide for 2 yrs is from a third party warranty company called car care plan. The first you'll be aware of this is when you receive you policy after buying the car as long as you check the small print. The policy will turn up once the 30 day return has expired. As you may be able to tell I'm unimpressed.
20-05-2016 08:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PJRComputerSolutions

RE: Land Rover Approved Used

Does this still apply if you purchase an EVOQUE that is less than 3 years old?? I thought that the EVOQUE's come with 3-Year Manufacturer backed Warranty, so surely you should get what's left of that, if your Car is less than 3-Years Old.....???
20-05-2016 10:22pm
bee

yep i got the lr balance of warranty plus another year inc recovery and mot parts.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
21-05-2016 11:06am
druand

[quote='bee' pid='111276' dateline='1463825203']
yep i got the lr balance of warranty plus another year inc recovery and mot parts.

Official LR UK website clearly states "all approved used LR vehicles come with a minimum 2 years unlimited mileage Land Rover warranty.
Easy to check, Was car sold as an approved LR vehicle?
21-05-2016 11:49am
Steve D

(20-05-2016 08:14pm)Iangam Wrote:  Just in case I'm not the only one who didn't know when you buy LR approved the warranty that LR provide for 2 yrs is from a third party warranty company called car care plan. The first you'll be aware of this is when you receive you policy after buying the car as long as you check the small print. The policy will turn up once the 30 day return has expired. As you may be able to tell I'm unimpressed.

You should have read up on the 30 day return policy too. As far as I am aware, you can only get a refund/exchange within 30 days if the vehicle has a demonstrable fault. Having a warranty covered by someone else (assuming it is and I'm not sure it is) couldn't really be described as a demonstrable vehicle fault.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 12:36pm by Steve D.)
21-05-2016 12:35pm
Iangam

Car was sold as a LR approved used. All warranty documents are branded as LR except when you read the small print. Land Rover Approved Used Warranty is a trading name for car care plan, it is all to trick the customer into thinking they are getting a LR warranty and you are not. JLR customer service answer was along the lines of tough.
If the car is less than three years old you will get the balance of manufactures warrant. I see what you saying about the 30 day return but being mis sold a car would make for an interesting news paper article. I am afraid it is a rather large con.
21-05-2016 05:00pm
Steve D

Well I've got a LR used warranty on mine. I used it a few months ago when my car would not recognise the keys. I phoned LRA and they sent an LRA technician out. Couldn't fix it there so booked it into a LR dealer for me. The LR dealer arranged a free hire car (65 plate DIsco Sport HSE) for 5 days while they fixed my car. I couldn't care less who underwrote/paid for it all as long as it was repaired in a LR dealership, by LR technicians using LR parts.

That would be the same procedure everyone goes through with a LR used car warranty. What exactly is it about that you are unhappy with?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 08:14pm by Steve D.)
21-05-2016 08:13pm
Iangam

I was unhappy with the fact that I wasn't given all the facts before I decided to buy the car. I have tried to have the car repaired as it has a few faults , I was charged for investigation work and the car was returned to me with all the same faults. While that may relate to a poor dealership when I spoke to JLR they suggest I book it back in for a repeat performance. I'm glad your experience was positive but I am very aware that a manufacturer warranty is more comprehensive than a third party warranty and I feel Land Rover are leading customers to believe that they are getting a manufacturer warranty. The third party warranty has a long list of items that are not covered, this information should be available when purchasing.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 09:30pm by Iangam.)
21-05-2016 09:29pm
Steve D

Well, as long as it gets fixed if it goes wrong with no cost to me, I'm happy.

I'm assuming that with a brand new vehicle, the ultimate warranty provider will be the actual owners of JLR - Tata Motors in India but again, as long as it gets fixed at no cost to the owner, who cares?

I'd have as much chance of returning my 'Range Rover' because it's got an Exide battery, Pirelli tyres, Aisin gearbox, Ford engine, Haldex rear axle, Meridian sound system etc etc.

JLR have constructed a vehicle to certain standards and used those parts and that's what I'm paying for - including the warranty.

22-05-2016 07:35am
Iangam

Steve you've missed my point. All what you mention on your vehicle is not badged as Land Rover only for you to find small print after purchase that they are not. How would you feel if your pirelli tyres had small print that said pirelli tyres is a trading name of double coin, who are a cheap Chinese rubbish tyre, and you only were allowed this information after you had made the purchase. There is no question that claiming from car care plan will not be as easy as claiming from Land Rover as the coverage is not as good. Hence the reason for my post people should know what they are buying.
22-05-2016 07:50am