Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LRE Full Day.
Evo-king

LRE Full Day.

Off to Eastnor tomorrow for a full day experience, really looking forward to it, especially after the recent rain.

Video camera at the ready.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-07-2012 11:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vc

RE: LRE Full Day.

(04-07-2012 11:52pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Off to Eastnor tomorrow for a full day experience, really looking forward to it, especially after the recent rain.

Have fun Very Happy

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
05-07-2012 07:46am
SiT

(04-07-2012 11:52pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Off to Eastnor tomorrow for a full day experience, really looking forward to it, especially after the recent rain.

What are you doing it in..? I really enjoyed the half day and was a total wash-out which impressed me even more to be honest.
05-07-2012 09:38pm
Evo-king

(05-07-2012 09:38pm)SiT Wrote:  What are you doing it in..? I really enjoyed the half day and was a total wash-out which impressed me even more to be honest.

Well what a truly superb day, the morning session was in the Evoque and in the afternoon we went out in a Range Rover 4.4 V8 Westminster. A big car.

The Evoque performed admirably on the morning run taking in some serious climbs and descents along with quite a lot of water wading.

The idea of going out in the Range Rover later on was to encounter a car we will never own, it's too big for my wife, but also to go where the Evoque can't. A scary and pleasureable experience rolled into one.

I even ended up towing/pulling out a Discovery which was stuck on a 90 degree bend at the top of a muddy hill resting alongside a tree.

Mud and water was the order of the day. These cars are superb in this on road going tyres.

Our thanks goes to Mike for his excellent and patient instructing.

Whilst the luxury and quality of the RR's ride was evident, it only confirms what a terrific and capable car the Evoque is.

Finally, all I can say is to those who have poured scorn or poo pooed their ownership experience of the Evoque, go to Eastnor and you'll see the what a great car it really is.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-07-2012 10:26pm
Westy

I fully agree, I was lucky enough to do a half day and I agree it really puts a different opinion in your mind about the Evoque.

Amazing off road, made it look so easy.

No other manufacturer has such confidence in their products.

I would 100 per cent recommend it for anybody who is in any doubt, don't get me wrong I have had my moans and groans but as an all rounder car it is difficult to beat.

Glad you had a great time.Very Happy

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
05-07-2012 10:34pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Even if you never intend to take your own car further offroad than Tesco's car park I always recommend folks who get a free LRE voucher never to chuck it in the bin. Seeing what any Land/Range Rover can do straight out of the showroom without any modifications is often a real eye opener. As you have found Evo, it is a scarey proposition to be taking an £80k luxury limo where the LRE's take FFRR's but it is where they are meant to go, even wearing 100% road biased tyres! Try it in an S Class Merc, A8 or 7series BMW and see how far you get.......................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2012 08:46am by XFullFatTim.)
06-07-2012 08:44am
Evo-king

When you say straight out of the showroom, how right you are, when we got back, Mike the instructor asked me to pass the log book over to him and to read the mileage, the clock read 88miles, not a trip reading, actual miles, boy did we give that car some treatment.

As far as scary was concerned we were going up the side of a field, with a drop off of the track, which fell away about 500 feet. The big Range Rover gracefully crabbed its way up, but that drop was always reminding me of the danger, but the car did it, no surprise there really, plus some experienced instruction.

We're now considering the advanced full day adventure now.

Got the bug now.

06-07-2012 08:54am
PhilSkill

Glad you enjoyed it Evo-king It is a great day out at Eastnor, anyone not taking advantage of these vouchers is really missing out, I haven't yet managed to take the Evoque out as it was damaged the day before I was due to, so took out a Vogue instead, also because this is something I would not buy for personal use, I was re-booked to do the Evoque but missed it because of a recent accident, fortunately LR allowed me to re-book, so looking forward to eventually getting in the Evoque Off-road in a few months time.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-07-2012 12:18pm
SiT

Glad you enjoyed it Evo, everyone that got one of these free sessions should take it up. It was well worth it and as said opens your eyes up to what these cars can do - very impressive.
06-07-2012 09:22pm
Evo-king

Having been to Eastnor twice now, I am full of praise for the Evoques capabilities, especially on road tyres.

I would never out of choice do this in my own pride and joy, but jumping into a LRE Evoque I felt perfectly at home in it and if the instructor said go down this track, irrespective of how daunting it looked I was up for it.

One further thing, our instructor said on certain tracks it may be evident to hear polishing noises to the underside, a way of curing this is the volume control on the audio. Got me thinking, to those of us who have squeaks/rattles, turn the audio up.

06-07-2012 09:27pm