Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
LED lighting
Blackseries

LED lighting

Now I know the ambience lighting in the Evoque is probably LED (though I don’t know for certain) but the standard cabin lights definitely aren't. Coming from an Audi where all interior lights are LED I rather like the other worldly modern feel these lights give the interior. Does anyone know if you can get LED replacements for these normal bulbs? – has anyone done this on their current car? The “lights” in the Audi look more like circuit boards rather than bulbs which makes me think its not that straight forward a job.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
28-08-2011 08:56am
Find all posts by this user
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: LED lighting

Yes you can, many many RRS and Freelander2 owners have converted if you go over to Freel2 you will find details of which eBay seller you can get them from. Here is a thread on Freel2 that may be of interest Black, http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic3172.html or on this RRSport thread http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic17974.html

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 09:18am by XFullFatTim.)
28-08-2011 09:02am
Blackseries

Excellent...... thanks for that Tim. Very Happy

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
28-08-2011 09:20am
XFullFatTim

If you do it Black, please could you write a report and list which lamps go where for the forum?
Ad here's another link to the same topic on FullFatRR.com http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic2355.html

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2011 10:39am by XFullFatTim.)
28-08-2011 09:46am
Blackseries

(28-08-2011 09:46am)FullFatTim Wrote:  If you do it Balck, please could you write a report and list which lamps go where for the forum?
Ad here's another link to the same topic on FullFatRR.com http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic2355.html

My thoughts are that’s its probably best to wait until I have the car in my hand - rather than try and pre order these sort of items.... but yes as soon as I'm ready I'll document the process ... mind you the way things are going others might get there first.

28-08-2011 10:10am
Blackseries

OK the interior lights (non ambient lighting) are normal bulbs however I noticed tonight that the number plate lights on the Prestige and Dynamics were LED's (there weren't any Pure’s at my dealership) ... they looked good.

08-09-2011 11:09pm
Blackseries

Also the glovebox light is also LED!

09-09-2011 09:15pm
XFullFatTim

and the puddle lamps

10-09-2011 11:14pm
Nickm

I've changed the interior lights on my RRS to LED lights, very easy to do. The bulbs are called SMD.....
11-09-2011 08:30am
gw76

So, its not clear from previous - which LED bulbs are required for the main overhead interior reading lights front and back ? is it the simple push in prong types or the side-on festoon style?
Also how easy is it to remove the touch sensitive plastic covers ?
07-12-2011 09:38pm
Thread Closed