Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
LED Dome and Rear Bulbs
LIONHEAD

LED Dome and Rear Bulbs

What a real PITA to remove these covers. Didn't want to break the plastic covers and so had to have my friend mechanic stop by to remove them first.. Anyways...they are on and hopefully these will last a long long time.....Laughing

I went with Autolumination.com T10 Fatboy Wedge bulbs. I probably don't need the canbus bulbs but I went ahead and bought them anyways just to be on the safe side. http://www.autolumination.com/194.htm

After reinstalling the dome cover, the left and right touch lights didn't work. Crap......I would have to call my friend to take it apart again. Luckily after a few touches they work fine now.

The dome cover has a tab in the middle and the rear tabs are near the Coat Hook. Here's some pics:

[Image: 10bulb-1.jpg]
[Image: 4bulb-1.jpg]
[Image: 3bulb-1.jpg]
[Image: 1bulb-1.jpg]
[Image: 6bulb-1.jpg]
[Image: 8bulb-1.jpg]
[Image: 7bulb-1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2012 02:39pm by LIONHEAD.)
17-01-2012 07:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs

They look really good, I have done my footwell lanps and the boot lamp but not got round to do the ones you have yet.

EIDT, now I reread your post on how the lenses come off Smile

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 08:17pm by bell-auto-services.)
17-01-2012 08:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LIONHEAD

Just a few points that my friend did. He didn't have his tools with him and so he used a micro screw driver but I would highly recommend NOT to use this as it can damage the plastic (the tan plastic around the cover in my case) when prying off.

As for the dome cover (above the dash), he cut a plastic card (similar to a credit card) and place them on the two red arrows below (not sure if it's necessary but wasn't sure at that time). He then put this pick (similar to a guitar pick) in the blue arrow. He then used a micro screwdriver and put it between the pick and the clear lense to get it into the tab so not to damage the plastic surround. Once it's open, I did not remove the cover completely as I did not know if it could damage the touch sensors and so I left it hanging. It took a couple of tried before he able to remove the cover. The other pic below is the tab in the middle of the cover where the cover is held in place.
[Image: 3bulba.jpg]
[Image: b9a.jpg]

As for rear lights......

He could not pry off the cover through the front without damaging the plastic around it and so he remove the screw inside the coat hook (marked red arrow) and then using a micro screwdriver, he went through the headliner and plastic light bezel (see red arrow) to push down clear cover using the micro screwdriver. I would highly not recommend that method as you can damage the headliner or plastic bezel but this was the only way he was able to accees with the tools I had. Once the cover is open, if you can't remove the bulb, you can remove the chrome trim inside by pushing it to the right (blue arrow) and then you will have alittle more access to the bulb to pull it out.
[Image: 6bulba.jpg]

I also ordered a Festoon bulb for the rear trunk (or boot) but it was too wide to fit in the cover and so I just ordered a thinner one today.
[Image: festoon.jpg]

Be very careful when removing the dome and rear covers....you can easily damage the cover and surrounding plastic if not careful or using the wrong tools.
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 10:46pm by LIONHEAD.)
17-01-2012 10:41pm
bell-auto-services

Thanks for the Tips and pictures, Ill give mine a go tomorrow and report back. I remember when fitting the other bulbs giving a little tug on the front lamp hoping it would all come off on one like the RRS and D4 did, but it didnt so i left it at the time but now I have new hope now im armed with pictures lol.

I did they same as you with the boot also Sad got the wider of the festoon bulbs and had to reorder Sad

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2012 11:03pm by bell-auto-services.)
17-01-2012 11:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

where do u get these bulbs?

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
18-01-2012 02:25pm
LIONHEAD

(18-01-2012 02:25pm)defender_uk Wrote:  where do u get these bulbs?

I got them from autoluminations in the US. The link is in my original post. Cool
18-01-2012 04:47pm
EVO PUNDITT

(18-01-2012 02:25pm)defender_uk Wrote:  where do u get these bulbs?
All these bulbs are available on eBay as well

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
18-01-2012 06:55pm
DustinDep

Where did you get the bulbs?
19-01-2012 11:43am
WB
WB

Ebay -for the bulbs.

For the boot (trunk) bulb see this thread -> http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Superb-1-...our-Evoque
19-01-2012 01:32pm
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

If you want quality LED bulbs, try DISCO3 site sponsor http://www.hids4u.co.uk
19-01-2012 01:54pm