Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
LED Dome and Rear Bulbs
WB
WB

RE: LED Dome and Rear Bulbs

Anyone looked into LED indicator bulbs for the rear? Not sure if the front ones are LED as standard.
31-05-2012 03:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

(31-05-2012 03:37pm)Straydox Wrote:  Thanks! I'll give that a go, appreciated.

I failed miserably at getting the front overhead console off - call it rank cowardice/afraid of damaging the headliner.....

The answer for me is thin rubber gloves, with a finger from each hand it is possible to 'pinch' the bulbs (they are fairly recessed) and the additional stickyness of the rubber gloves enables you to tease each bulb out, gloves off to put them back.

I looks amazing in a Prestige with the black Vibe interior and all the white stitching just stands out - so pleased. Very Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
11-06-2012 08:55pm
Neo

(11-06-2012 08:55pm)Straydox Wrote:  I failed miserably at getting the front overhead console off - call it rank cowardice/afraid of damaging the headliner.....

The answer for me is thin rubber gloves, with a finger from each hand it is possible to 'pinch' the bulbs (they are fairly recessed) and the additional stickyness of the rubber gloves enables you to tease each bulb out, gloves off to put them back.

I looks amazing in a Prestige with the black Vibe interior and all the white stitching just stands out - so pleased. Very Happy

Any pics of the LED lightning at night please?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
12-06-2012 12:57pm
thomaspierce

Hello,
Nice post.. The lights are looking wonderful. I also want to these type of bulbs in my car. Can you tell me, where do you get these bulbs? Thanks...
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2012 07:01am by cjfp.)
27-06-2012 05:10am
cjfp

(27-06-2012 05:10am)thomaspierce Wrote:  Hello,
Nice post.. The lights are looking wonderful. I also want to these type of bulbs in my car. Can you tell me, where do you get these bulbs? Thanks...

If you check this thread then there are references to where you can buy the bulbs.

If you are a spammer (and I ask this due to the original, now removed, web links), then please just leave. If you post ads again then you will be banned very quickly. If you would like to become an official paid-up site sponser then please contact the website owner ("Martin") via PM.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-06-2012 07:03am
Barneyridge

Just found this on your youtube. It may help some out there

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
04-07-2012 08:20am
doug

Is there no part of that Evoque they didn't pull apart before there sold it & did they see it on with all of they mod bits.
It was spotted on eBay a few months ago owners Pow---ul UK

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-07-2012 09:40am
Deaky

Anybody know what bulbs are needed for the lights either side of the vanity mirror in the sun visor?
04-07-2012 11:18am
Bowl

Changed the footwell lights, boot light, and reverse lights to white LEDs and they look awesome.

As for the five overhead interior lights, I've tried replacing them with white LEDs and decided to change them back. I prefer to keep them original to give a warm tone, which looks better than bright white on my Verve leather imho.

PS. LR should have made changing those bulbs a little easier... the rear dome lights are almost impossible to do without damaging the plastic surrounds.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2012 08:55pm by Bowl.)
09-07-2012 08:53pm
QUEEVO

Anyone tried warm-white LEDs...? pics...?

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
22-07-2012 09:34pm