Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
L R Assist
ChuckieB

RE: L R Assist

(22-05-2014 08:55am)PhilSkill Wrote:  If the fuse is separate to the filler cap and it blows when the doors unlock, then the cap will stay locked but the doors will open as normal. You've probably got a sticky/faulty solenoid that pulls the lock on the cap, and the dealer should test this part... or just replace it, if it is regularly blowing the fuse.

Well I managed to have a word with a technician when I went to book it in and, on at least a half positive note, he did have a precedent for the fault. Couldn't be sure what was the route cause but they just went ahead and replaced the actuator. The customer hasn't been back as yet!

So it is now booked in and at least I know they'll probably replace the actuator and it won't be spending a wasted day in the Garage.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
24-05-2014 01:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

RE: L R Assist

(24-05-2014 01:42pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Well I managed to have a word with a technician when I went to book it in and, on at least a half positive note, he did have a precedent for the fault. Couldn't be sure what was the route cause but they just went ahead and replaced the actuator. The customer hasn't been back as yet!

So it is now booked in and at least I know they'll probably replace the actuator and it won't be spending a wasted day in the Garage.

Actuator now replaced. Watch this space.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
15-06-2014 01:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply