Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
L R Assist
Evo-king

L R Assist

I hope this is not as stupid question, I've just been going through my purchase paperwork, and can't seem to find any documentation relating to Land Rover Assist, am I missing something or is it just standard as part of the purchase, with a contact number somewhere?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-05-2012 09:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tyke2

RE: L R Assist

I had a plastic card with the users manual in the car.
I had to use them once already and they were pretty good.

Vw Campervan Hire - http://www.happydayscampers.co.uk
18-05-2012 09:33pm
cjfp

+1 and iirc the numbers are on the LR tax disc holder

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-05-2012 09:43pm
Evo-king

Thought soThumbs Up

(18-05-2012 09:43pm)cjfp Wrote:  +1 and iirc the numbers are on the LR tax disc holder

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-05-2012 09:53pm
IKM

(18-05-2012 09:43pm)cjfp Wrote:  +1 and iirc the numbers are on the LR tax disc holder
And nowadays it's the AA anyway that turns up .... they're good, but I still miss the guy in the LR Discovery who knew LRs inside out.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
18-05-2012 10:16pm
Evo-king

I have the little LRA/AA card in my owners handbook wallet, don't think it was pointed out at handover, so excited at the time I may have missed that bit.

19-05-2012 03:07pm
rchrdleigh

(18-05-2012 10:16pm)IKM Wrote:  And nowadays it's the AA anyway that turns up .... they're good, but I still miss the guy in the LR Discovery who knew LRs inside out.

The LR Assist guys in their Discovery are still around but there are not that many of them and they tend to cover a large area. When you call LRA they will check for the location of the nearest LRA technician and if available will task him. If one is not available or not nearby they will task an AA patrol in an attempt to get you moving again with the minumum of delay.

The number should be on the back of your tax disc holder and you should also receive a card with it on (this may arrive by post sometime after taking delivery).
19-05-2012 07:46pm
ChuckieB

Had occasion to call on them today! Been out travelling this weekend doing the Easter visiting and came time to fill up, being down to the last 30 miles on the fuel warning. Alas at the pump the filler flap refused to open. Decided to haul it back to the in-laws and sort it out from the relative warmth and then started to investigate fuses, etc. myself. 4 fuse boxes located all over the shop and once I had found then found the offending narrow width fuse (all on it's own circuit) i was then a bit surprised that there were no obvious spares!

Down to the last litres I didn't want to risk trawling around to try and find a garage with suitable spares on Easter Sunday so I thought what the heck, and gave them a call. Wasn't in a huge rush but they were out to me within a couple of hours and he left me with a couple of spares just in case. Not much for him to do really but it was a dedicated LRA Guy at least and he reckoned he was probably the only one covering the whole of Yorkshire for Easter Sunday. He said it shouldn't have gone like that and recommended I get it booked in the looked at.

All in all, a relatively painless exercise on this occasion but comfortable with the level of service given by LRA.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
21-04-2014 12:14am
Redrob

I had an LR guy in a Discovery turn up at 7.30am last week for my gearbox problem, excellent service.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
21-04-2014 07:49am
tarbat

It's just a shame that LR Assist don't cover all of the UK. I've been told that it's the AA that cover north Scotland Sad

MY14 SD4 Pure Tech Auto/Coupe/Zanzibar/Pure Style Pack/Panoramic Roof/Power Tailgate
21-04-2014 05:05pm