Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keyless entry an expensive option for Pure?
sethor

RE: Keyless entry an expensive option for Pure?

Do you really need keyless entry? using the standard remote entry is not hard. I've never liked keyless entry as i have a habit of checking if the doors are locked, which if i do on a car with keyless it will unlock.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
16-08-2012 01:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefLeppard

(16-08-2012 01:57am)sethor Wrote:  Do you really need keyless entry? using the standard remote entry is not hard. I've never liked keyless entry as i have a habit of checking if the doors are locked, which if i do on a car with keyless it will unlock.

Yup I really need keyless! Its one of those toys that if you've never had it, you dont miss it. Once you've had it, you cant live without it.

I often now find myself loaded up, hands full, and struggling to pull the key out of the handbag and pressing the right button.

With keyless its alot easier to just lift a finger up on the handle.

Im not sure of the evoque keyless, but on my old car with keyless, you could still check it was locked.
Eg you exit the car, close the door, press the button on the door to lock, and you can then check its locked by pulling on the door handle. It wouldnt unlock within a few seconds of being locked.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
16-08-2012 04:07am
Neo

Yes but you still need a free hand to open the door anyways! So if yr hands are full, u can't open the doors! It would be Better if the door opened for u as well?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
(This post was last modified: 16-08-2012 05:05am by Neo.)
16-08-2012 05:04am
Puffy

Without keyless entry there is no point to keyless start.
Its like having a remote for a tv that does not operate in standby mode.
17-08-2012 02:54am
PhilSkill

(17-08-2012 02:54am)Puffy Wrote:  Without keyless entry there is no point to keyless start.
Its like having a remote for a tv that does not operate in standby mode.

No Sorry I disagree, I can walk out of my house, lock the front door with the Keys, press the button to unlock the car, put the keys back in my pocket and never touch them again till I arrive at my destination. This is much more convienient than having to hold my Keys while I open the gates, load my bags, and then get in and put the key in the keyhole, and having them flapping around while driving.

The only thing keyless would have saved me from doing was pressing the button while the keys were in my hand already.

And if i'm approaching the car away from the house I don't even take the keys out of my pocket to unlock the car, just press the button.

If I leave the car parked on the roadside I can checked it's locked e.g. the doors won't open before walking away, and it doesn't flatten the battery if the keys are closeby, or leave it unlocked because the keys are in left in range of the car.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-08-2012 09:19am
Zesty314

(17-08-2012 09:19am)PhilSkill Wrote:  No Sorry I disagree, I can walk out of my house, lock the front door with the Keys, press the button to unlock the car, put the keys back in my pocket and never touch them again till I arrive at my destination. This is much more convienient than having to hold my Keys while I open the gates, load my bags, and then get in and put the key in the keyhole, and having them flapping around while driving.

The only thing keyless would have saved me from doing was pressing the button while the keys were in my hand already.

And if i'm approaching the car away from the house I don't even take the keys out of my pocket to unlock the car, just press the button.

If I leave the car parked on the roadside I can checked it's locked e.g. the doors won't open before walking away, and it doesn't flatten the battery if the keys are closeby, or leave it unlocked because the keys are in left in range of the car.

We currently have a Kuga with keyless start and a Volvo C70 with keyless start and entry, and the keyless entry is a real improvement. The wife never stakes the keys out of her handbag when driving the C70.

Despite this, I haven't specked keyless entry on my Evoque but would add if budget permitted.

Cheers

Mark H

Delivered Nov 12: 5 door Pure SD4 Auto, OG with black contrast roof, almond/espresso interior, 20 inch black style 6 wheels, fogs and privacy....oh and a real spare.
17-08-2012 10:09am
PhilSkill

(17-08-2012 10:09am)Zesty314 Wrote:  We currently have a Kuga with keyless start and a Volvo C70 with keyless start and entry, and the keyless entry is a real improvement. The wife never stakes the keys out of her handbag when driving the C70.

Despite this, I haven't specked keyless entry on my Evoque but would add if budget permitted.

Cheers

Mark H

Hi Mark, I'm wasn't saying it isn't a useful improvement it surely is, but I disagree it's like having a remote control that doesn't work in standby with the keyless start, that analogy would only work if you still had to use the manual key to open the door first like walking over to my telly to press the On switch.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-08-2012 10:21am
yupstr8up

(16-08-2012 04:07am)DefLeppard Wrote:  Yup I really need keyless! Its one of those toys that if you've never had it, you dont miss it. Once you've had it, you cant live without it.

I often now find myself loaded up, hands full, and struggling to pull the key out of the handbag and pressing the right button.

With keyless its alot easier to just lift a finger up on the handle.

Im not sure of the evoque keyless, but on my old car with keyless, you could still check it was locked.
Eg you exit the car, close the door, press the button on the door to lock, and you can then check its locked by pulling on the door handle. It wouldnt unlock within a few seconds of being locked.

I totally agree....my last car would lock and unlock by a simple touch of the top of the door handle, no fumbling for a key if youv'e got your hands full. A simple pull of the handle confirms it's locked and if it isn't then a simple press of the door handle locks it... easy. The standard of having to have this and that so you can have what you want is ridiculous LR. Here in Oz, i was informed by a dealer that the interest in the evoque has suddenly dissappeared...maybe buyers are listenening to their heads more than their hearts....

Pure 5 door Fuji white SD4, Clearview and Teck pack, auto tailgate, street legal tint. 19" turned diamond wheels. Reversing camera, front and rear sensors.
24-08-2012 02:41am
Biker

"Here in Oz, i was informed by a dealer that the interest in the evoque has suddenly dissappeared...maybe buyers are listenening to their heads more than their hearts...."

I suppose the honeymoon is over?

Read a Nissan Dualis (Qashqai for rest of world) review and saw the new one has also surround cameras and keyless entry. Time for RRE to up their game I say. This coming from a car half the price of a RRE.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
25-08-2012 05:13am
Jai

Nissan also offering 2.9% interest is a good selling factor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
25-08-2012 06:40am