Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Keyless Entry Question
Dana_Doodle

Keyless Entry Question

Hi All -

I own the 2013 2 door Evoque and have a question regarding the keyless entry. I own a dog and he travels with me all the time. In my previous car, I was able to lock him in the car with the car running (especially on those very warm days). I've tried it on the Evoque and it does not let me. I've even tried locking it with the remote but it beeps at me and doesn't lock. I'm traveling to S.C this summer (with my dog) and would like to be able to lock him in with the AC going! If anyone knows how to do this - please let me know!!

Thanks in advance!!
Dana Smile
04-06-2015 07:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doody

RE: Keyless Entry Question

i BELIEVE you can leave the AC running with the car turned off but in "accessory" mode (push the start button without hitting the brake).

but that'll kill our battery, one imagines. no idea if it cranks the AC either.

i'm guessing your dog is the "overly friendly" type rather than the "protect the car" type Smile .

good luck with that.

i leave the windows down enough for my dog (50lbs+) to not be able to get out but so he can get his whole head out. and only for very short times (< 5 minutes, for sure).

i'd like to know the answer to this Q too though - better to leave it running with AC on for him!

doody

2012 Prestige Premium
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2015 08:55pm by Doody.)
04-06-2015 08:55pm
markbb99

What about if you open the window, get out of the car with the engine running, reach inside and lock the doors, then press the up button on the window and move your arm quickly!?!?!
04-06-2015 09:16pm
Dana_Doodle

Guess the answer is no. Thanks.
05-06-2015 02:09pm
bee

yes correct. no.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
05-06-2015 02:54pm
HotLap

DD, I was curious and couldn't get this to work either. Once out of the vehicle (if it is running) the front door locks can not be manually pressed (locked). I think if you were to have the engine running and climb over the console and exit via a rear door you could do it, as the rear door locks are able to be manually locked if the vehicle is running. In this case you would already have the doors all locked, engine running and getting out the rear door with the key then manually locking the rear door.

Not very practical nor easy to accomplish - so pretty much the answer is no...

(04-06-2015 09:16pm)markbb99 Wrote:  What about if you open the window, get out of the car with the engine running, reach inside and lock the doors, then press the up button on the window and move your arm quickly!?!?!

Actually I tried this and even though it sounds ridiculous...it DOES work. With all running, I placed the key fob on the top of the instrument panel binnacle, lowered the driver's window, got out, reached in and locked doors using the driver's door electric lock button, then retrieved the key, and pressed the auto up function for the driver's window. Worked as advertised, but I'd probably not recommend skirting this safety feature.

Idle minds are a dangerous thing Smile

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2015 09:48pm by HotLap.)
09-06-2015 09:43pm