Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Key fob battery
COMMANDO1954

Key fob battery

What is the life of the key fob Battery? Anyone had problems changing the Battery?
20-10-2016 07:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: Key fob battery

No problem changing the battery, it's easy enough you just need to make sure that you're not using a cheapo CR2032 battery. Mine seem to last 2 years before the low battery warning appears, once the battery has been changed it takes a few restarts for the 'error' to clear.

See this thread about the Smart Key Battery: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Smart-Key-Battery-Low?

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 08:25am by Sarcastrix.)
20-10-2016 08:24am
bee

(20-10-2016 08:24am)Sarcastrix Wrote:  No problem changing the battery, it's easy enough you just need to make sure that you're not using a cheapo CR2032 battery. Mine seem to last 2 years before the low battery warning appears, once the battery has been changed it takes a few restarts for the 'error' to clear.

See this thread about the Smart Key Battery: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Smart-Key-Battery-Low?

yes easy to do i checked it out on utube video first. Cool

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
20-10-2016 09:18am
mickeyf

It should be easy but... I changed the battery on mine and the remote stopped working properly, and had to be replaced. Luckily I got this done under warranty.

(20-10-2016 09:18am)bee Wrote:  yes easy to do i checked it out on utube video first. Cool
20-10-2016 02:01pm
Dottyflo

It's as easy has changing the batteries in your TV remote. Pop it open slip the battery in close it back up bingo bongo job done

Much better than them pain in the rear freelander 2 fobs (oh my days don't even get me starting on them)

5 Door Dynamic Plus Pack Fuji White SD4 Auto - Black 20" - Pimento / Leather and a few other extras [Image: 7c0c5974-295b-4c3c-b69e-836452069a3b_zpsx6zsl9ce.png]
22-10-2016 07:26pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have read elsewhere that buying the batteries from LR dealerships is the way to go. Apparrantly the amount of charge in them is critical when they are new (also as they age!) and many stores have stock on the shelves for ages, dealers don't order vast stocks of them so turn them over quickly. The other advantage is that the batteries fall under the accessories warranty that LR offers when their dealers fit accessories so if the remote won't work after a battery change it shouldn't cost you anything to get it fixed........... I've never kept my Evoques long enough to find out how long the batteries last though. Same goes BTW for headlamp lamps, BiXenon lamps are supposed to be guaranteed for 10,000 cycles - did you start counting them when the car was new? I didn't think so!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2016 09:10am by XFullFatTim.)
23-10-2016 09:09am