Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just put new battery in.....
JDN

Just put new battery in.....

Do I really need an LR garage to reset computer / or some such thing? Most people seem to say put new battery in, and forget about it / some say to go to Land Rover and have them tell the computer there's a new battery in.
27-01-2017 02:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RogB

RE: Just put new battery in.....

Apparently you have 2 choices after a battery change
1. Fit the battery, Go to the dealer, pay approx. £80 for them to do 10 mins work on the diagnostic to tell the car a new battery is in, however it may take a week or 2 to get in the dealer
2. Fit the battery, leave it and wait about 48 hours for the battery monitor to recognise a new battery has been fitted and reset itself.

Im no mechanic but just going off what ive read on the Freel2 forum and on here.

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
27-01-2017 09:26am
JDN

Ah wow. Thank you. Happy to hear that I have option 2! Fingers crossed!!
27-01-2017 11:12am
RogB

There are that many 'intelligent' control units in cars these days.
I know the FL2 Auto box learns your driving style, and adjusts its behaviour to suit the driver, but it can take a couple of weeks to learn. So when you test drive it you may not like the gearbox, as its not learnt how you drive.
I would assume the Evoque 6/9 speed boxes are the same.
No reason I guess why other systems, such as the battery monitoring cant be the same.

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
27-01-2017 01:11pm
fodo8

Just fitted new battery last sunday 10 minute job. No messing with a trip to the main dealers..Cars never been better.
27-01-2017 04:44pm
JDN

Good news. Thanks
27-01-2017 04:58pm
JDN

Update; Land Rover assist guy came out for another issue and I mentioned this; the BMS module does indeed need to be reset. He said in the short term they'll be no issue but long term, the BMS needs to be told a new battery has been put in... he was able to do it on the drive with his mobile plug and play; so I'm happy I mentioned it.
04-02-2017 02:56am