Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just ordered new Evoque SE Tech
jwsturner

Just ordered new Evoque SE Tech

I've finally ordered my new company car. After a tough choice between the Evoque and Jaguar XE, I've gone for an Evoque SE Tech in Firenze Red.
20-10-2015 02:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good shot

RE: Just ordered new Evoque SE Tech

Great colour especially when cleaned and in the sun. Do you have a delivery date promise?

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
20-10-2015 05:48pm
jwsturner

No, I've literally just sent the order to the lease company. So be a couple of weeks before it's actually ordered with JLR. I'll post a note to say what the delivery date will be once I know.
20-10-2015 10:40pm
jwsturner

I've been advised my Evoque will be delivered end of March or beginning of April. So about 5 months
03-11-2015 10:25pm
Steve D

I ordered a Golf once and that took 5 months to arrive. Felt like 5 years!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
03-11-2015 11:27pm
jwsturner

I've just got an update on the delivery and it is second week in may, so a good 6 months from the order
03-02-2016 02:29pm
wheels

Thats a LOOONG wait
04-02-2016 06:17am
jwsturner

A colleague waited six and a half months and on the day he was due to collect it, it was recalled and he had to wait another 3 weeks. They gave him an Evoque as a courtesy car.
04-02-2016 12:25pm
SteveM

Hi jwsturner, I have ordered an Evoque SE TECH today and been given a delivery date of early April. This was through a dealer. Are they not reliable in their delivery projections?
05-02-2016 09:26pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They are reliable on projections, the dealers though have allocations of build slots and frequently can sell more cars than they have slots for so the lead in time stretches way out. When Evoque was launched some folks had to wait over a year. I ordered my first one in 2009 and got it on 8th September 2011, launch day! Ordered my 2nd one in August 2013 supposedly for October 2013 delivery and it finally made it to the dealership in March 2014 but the build was held up because one of the options (InControl, 1st Edition) was not finished developement and then had problems, eventually the car was delivered with the Incontrol not working............ but it was put right very quickly by LR. Sometimes you can fall on your feet with the lead in time. In 2015 when I wanted to change my problem 2nd Evoque for an RRS I called the dealership I use and was offered delivery in 2 weeks for a car that was being built the next day! I had to take was options it was being built with and the colour but they were all things I wanted and not too many boxes ticked and 2 weeks later I drove out of the showrrom in my new RRS when everyone else was waiting 6 to 8 months for a factory build slot.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 06:22pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-02-2016 06:20pm