Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just ordered a new Fuji White Evoque - leather color suggestions?
kaalus

I've just paid deposit on a SD4 Manual, Prestige Lux in Fuji White. The dealer tells me that I can still change the leather colour choice over the next week or two. Delivery is expected late March.

I definitely don't want all black ebony leather, but I am not sure if any variant of light leather will look good with Fuji White? I think there will be too much grey/cream/white and not enough contrast. If you have any suggestions or pictures I would be very grateful!

Current working choice is Indulgence (espresso seats and ivory/espresso dash).
08-01-2014 06:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

(08-01-2014 06:20pm)kaalus Wrote:  Current working choice is Indulgence (espresso seats and ivory/espresso dash).

If this choice was available on the dynamic w/ premium interior pack I have on order I would have gone for it in an instant!

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
08-01-2014 07:21pm
Silver Fox

RE: Just ordered a new Fuji White Evoque - leather color suggestions?

(08-01-2014 07:21pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  If this choice was available on the dynamic w/ premium interior pack I have on order I would have gone for it in an instant!

Hi,

Certain colours complement each other:-

White is attracted to black.

Red is attracted to black.

Black is attracted to chrome etc.,

When I reviewed the Evoque before ordering,I definitely did not want almond with White as I was of the opinion that it did not match as good as black.

However before ordering MY 14 I definitely wanted a light interior and not a black interior but could not find the right combination in the chosen model to my satisfaction.

I was advised that I could not pay extra for a light coloured combination that was available in other models.

I finally chose a Santorini black and although I definitely did not want a black interior I was constantly drawn back to a black interior and finally persuaded by my daughter who has a black Porsche Cayenne with black interior.

I am now very convinced that the black interior with the black body colour is the best match with an Ivory headlining over a panoramic roof.

Please choose carefully as it is an important decision.

Regards
10-01-2014 10:26am
Biker

I once spoke to the salesman and wanted the ebony interior on fuji white. They had a range rover on the floor with the ebony and when I peaked inside, decided against it as it looked too much like colonial english cigar lounge. (no disrespect). In other words, old man look.

There is a recommended colour and trim matrix on this brochure for evoque:
http://www.landrover.com/content/gb/en/p...overEvoque

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 10:20pm by Biker.)
12-01-2014 10:19pm
kaalus

(12-01-2014 10:19pm)Biker Wrote:  I once spoke to the salesman and wanted the ebony interior on fuji white. They had a range rover on the floor with the ebony and when I peaked inside, decided against it as it looked too much like colonial english cigar lounge. (no disrespect). In other words, old man look.

There is a recommended colour and trim matrix on this brochure for evoque:
http://www.landrover.com/content/gb/en/p...overEvoque

Which color did you go for in the end?
13-01-2014 12:17am
Biker

not got one yet.
leaning towards cirrus or almond espresso

13-01-2014 08:28am
HeartbreakRidge

(13-01-2014 08:28am)Biker Wrote:  not got one yet.
leaning towards cirrus or almond espresso

Mine will be cirrus, as I do like the two tone effect and I'm not one for browns in a car interior (goes along with my passionate hatred for wood trim). Cool

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
13-01-2014 02:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The Tan interior for the Prestige Lux is nice and would work with a Fuji exterior - I think if you went for the lighter interiors it might all be a bit too pale, Evoque needs bold colours schemes. I had the Ebony Plus pack on my last one, have gone for the Tan Plus pack on the new one to go with the Zanzibar and Black Pack exterior. I have never been a great fan of LR's version of Tan as to me it is rather too orange to be what I would call tan, but it should look OK with the orangey Brown of Zanzibar. Your first choice of Expresso though is nice as it is a lovely warm shade of very dark brown.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-01-2014 05:24pm
Biker

(13-01-2014 02:49pm)HeartbreakRidge Wrote:  Mine will be cirrus, as I do like the two tone effect and I'm not one for browns in a car interior (goes along with my passionate hatred for wood trim). Cool

Am with you on the wood trim. Exclamation

14-01-2014 04:10am
HeartbreakRidge

(14-01-2014 04:10am)Biker Wrote:  Am with you on the wood trim. Exclamation

Good man!

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
14-01-2014 10:46pm