Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just learned something new about Keyless Entry!
vinda

RE: Just learned something new about Keyless Entry!

How do u enable the auto lock function when walking away from car. That's a good 1
21-09-2012 10:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rhysadams

Just learned something new about Keyless Entry!

Yeah I didn't realise it would auto lock when you walked away, dealer told me to press the door handles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
22-09-2012 11:04pm
goldenboi79

Does anyone have any further information on enabling "walk-away" locking with keyless entry enabled vehicles? I can't find any documentation on this. Everything I can find states to either use the keyfob to lock the car or double tap the door handle after exiting.

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
28-11-2012 02:23am
DaveR

Re: Just learned something new about Keyless Entry!

Mine auto locks I think. I always lock it manually when leaving it but I have noticed it auto lock when I have been washing the car.. it will often lock and then unlock as I move around outside it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
28-11-2012 12:29pm
eddkawasaki

the auto lock only works if you do not open a door. like when you are washing your car if you have the key on you every time you splash water over the door handle of a keyless entry car it will unlock. if no door is opened within 90s the car will relock again. best to unlock, open and close a door then leave the key out of range while washing. this stops the mirrors flapping in and out

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
28-11-2012 02:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mine will not auto-lock with the keyless, the only times it locks by it's are as eddkawasaki says above. I don't think auto-locking is an option, just auto re-locking if you haven't opened a door

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-11-2012 03:00pm
ojonesyo

Slightly off topic here but picking up on the issue of your fob being kept close to the car, evoques with powered trunk/hatch will not allow you to leave the fob inside the car. On my first overnight stay away, I had brought my spare fob with me in my bag stored in the trunk/boot. On arrival, I collected my papers from the trunk and when I closed the trunk, it beeped loudly and opened up fully. Baffled by this, it was only when I removed my bag [with fob inside] that the trunk locked itself. It took me a while to understand what was happening, but I can only assume it is a method of preventing locking yourself out of the car. From another posting I seem to remember that manual hatches simple beep and unlock themselves if a fob is inside. That said, another posting mentions that if a fob is shielded by metal, foil, etc, then the fob might not protect you from locking yourself out.

SD4 Prestige Lux 5 door auto, Havana/Tan, Style 7 alloys, tow kit, spare wheel, high-beam assist, etc ..Arrived June 2012
28-11-2012 04:35pm
Easty

Re: Just learned something new about Keyless Entry!

Not sure if its a similar system. But on my motorcycle leaving the key in range flattens the battery overnight. Ive just taken my jacket off and thrown it over the bike with key in it. Next morning arrived to an almost dead duck.

Sent from my ST17a using Tapatalk 2
28-11-2012 07:55pm