Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just got mine yesterday
xz4

Just got mine yesterday

Hi from Dundee Scotland. I just took delivery of a 6 month old MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux with some nice upgrades yesterday. Loving it. Sold my BMW Z4 (E89) last week and love the look og the Evoque so went for it.

Spec - Indus Silver with black pack, Black roof, Black leather, Heads up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch Harrier wheels.

Here are some pictures taken from the advert as I haven't taken any yet. Too busy driving it Very Happy

[Image: EVOQUE%201.jpg]

[Image: EVOQUE%202.jpg]

[Image: EVOQUE%2016.jpg]

[Image: EVOQUE%209.jpg]

[Image: EVOQUE%2010.jpg]

[Image: EVOQUE%208.jpg]

[Image: EVOQUE%2014.jpg]

[Image: EVOQUE%2011.jpg]

Just got to get my personal reg number on then I'll take some new pictures.
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 11:17am by xz4.)
25-05-2016 11:15am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nickj

RE: Just got mine yesterday

Looks lovely. Do like the silver in the new shape with the black pack. How's the ride ion the 22s?
25-05-2016 09:06pm
xz4

Thanks. I was originally looking for grey or red but saw the silver with the black pack and really liked it. Only seen one other silver one in my area.

The ride is good but i just sold a BMW Z4 (E89) which had a really hard ride. I don't think there's too much difference between the 20's and 22's.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Indus Silver, Black Leather, Black Pack, Head up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch wheels. Love it
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 09:18pm by xz4.)
25-05-2016 09:16pm
xz4

Just found out it's got Digital Telly Very Happy. Spec sheet says no Telly so big bonus.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Lux, Indus Silver, Black Leather, Black Pack, Head up display, Self park pack, 22" Overfinch wheels. Love it
26-05-2016 03:13pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you go to the Land Rover UK website and spec up a dynamic lux you will see what you should have. Digital TV has been part of the Lux Pack since the car was launched. How do you rate the handling compared to the Z4? Also you should try it off-road but maybe not on 22" wheels with low sidewalls ......
I also agree that the Silver looks nicer on the 2016 cars than it did on the Mk1's

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2016 05:33pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-05-2016 05:32pm
xz4

Thanks, I went on the Evoque configurator and under HSE Dunamic Lux it says TV is a cost option (£855) and lets yoi add it. It also lets you add park assist which it says is standard with the Lux pack. I think the configurator needs looked at by Land Rover.

The Z4 was a brilliant handling car and the Evoque is never going to corner like one but it's really good for a tall vehicle. I just wish mine had the Adaptive Dynamics which I think was standard on the MY14 I used to drive occasionally. If I was buying new I would add that. Not having it is not spoiling my enjoyment though. Will get some miles on this weekend.

26-05-2016 07:13pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Adaptive Dynamics makes a considerable difference to handling in spirited driving it is a pity that AD was made optional on the Dynamic, it negates calling the car Dynamic!
The LR configurator is often inaccurate so what you say doesn't surprise me, t'was ever thus! So you got £850 out of the dealer, congratulations, that's his loss for not checking the spec in Topix. Did you buy from a franchised LR dealer or another dealership? I have 22" Wheels on my Sport, a lot of owners of Mk1 RRS say they ruin the ride, the suspension system on RRS2 is set up to handle them and the ride is still excellent, although recently I found some mud on the back roads around the Trossachs and that is the first time in years that I have had a small slide in a Land Rover other than on ice and I put it down to the 100% road biased tread pattern on the 22's whereas previously my Land Rovers have been shod with Mud and Snow tyres with chunkier treads and no wheel/tyre bigger than 20".

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-05-2016 08:38pm
xz4

I bought from G C Motors in Harrogate. Non franchise but have a look at their website. Mine was one of the cheapest cars they have. I almost bought a white Evoque Autobiography from them, really nice car but went for the MY16 as I prefer the look. They have cars up to just £10 short of £1 million (Porsche 91Cool. £8 million of stock. 3 RRS SVR's in stock too. They were really nice to deal with. I bought mine unseen and they delivered it to me. I had it in writing that if it wasn't exactly as described I would get a full refund. And it was £3000 less than anything I could find within 100 miles. I paid extra for the wheels but nothing like the full price from Overfinch.

Their website is http://www.gcmotors.co.uk

(This post was last modified: 26-05-2016 09:01pm by xz4.)
26-05-2016 08:54pm
Pete

It might be an idea to log into Topix for yourself and see exactly what the spec is and what options it was built with.

Porsche Macan
27-05-2016 07:29am
xz4

Thanks. Will do that today.

27-05-2016 07:55am