Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Just got back from NEC Evoque Live
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Just got back from NEC Evoque Live

I went last night and like everyone says it was a good event. We got taken to the room with white coupe (so opposite of you blackseries) and felt a bit self conscious as the only woman alone but asked a LR guy to show me how to operate the access to the rear seats and then the pair of us sat in the back chatting for 15 mins. Quite funny really as lots of others kept climbing in and out of the front. Turned out he was one of the designers involved right from the start and he was very passionate about the whole car. Great to get his insight. As I've ordered a prestige coupe wanted to see how easy the back access was and was pleasantly surprised. I loved the look of the coupe compared to the 5 door but I know those that have ordered the 5 door feel the same about theres. We sat in the white coupe without the glass roof and when I said I'd ordered the glass roof he took me to the other room and sat in the dynamic with the roof and it was fantastic. Anyone not ordered the glass roof with the coupe should think again. Only one other couple came in that room so had 3 cars to myself. Very pleased with my choice of black/element. Both the grey and the ivory are very pale but don't fancy black or tan interior. I felt the element was a bit more modern but the ambience looked great on the black 5 door. He tried to get me to change to 20" wheels and
must admit they looked good on the dynamic. He said having the RSE on a coupe with the lux pack would be quite a rare car as most people would not spec the RSE on a coupe. Thought it looked much better in the flesh and can't wait for October. Took a few photos but nothing better than already posted, too busy gassing. I was the last one there at kicking out time.
29-05-2011 07:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

@charlie - r u sure he was from LR and it wasn't urban splash trying to charm u with his flash stick !!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
29-05-2011 08:15pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

OMG do you think so?

No Geordie accent though Rolling Eyes
29-05-2011 08:23pm
Blackseries

(29-05-2011 07:54pm)Charlie Wrote:  I was the last one there at kicking out time.

So was I! .... the night before
(29-05-2011 07:54pm)Charlie Wrote:  He tried to get me to change to 20" wheels

For aesthetic reasons or handling .... did he give a reason?

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2011 08:27pm by Blackseries.)
29-05-2011 08:24pm
DynamicRRV

Personally the plus seats are for young boy racer types aka RS4 Audis etc. The perforated soft leather dynamic leather is lovely and very well put together.
29-05-2011 08:57pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

(29-05-2011 08:24pm)Blackseries Wrote:  
(29-05-2011 07:54pm)Charlie Wrote:  I was the last one there at kicking out time.

So was I! .... the night before
(29-05-2011 07:54pm)Charlie Wrote:  He tried to get me to change to 20" wheels

For aesthetic reasons or handling .... did he give a reason?

aesthetic reasons, I did say on other RR forums people had said the 20" were like kerb magnets and he gave me a look as if to say rubbish
29-05-2011 09:10pm
ant

Just did Evoque Live at NEC on Sat too. Conclusions much the same as others.
I did ask two separate LR people about paint supply and was informed that the initial build of Dynamic and Prestige will be available in Firenze Red. Happy days if that is in fact the case.
I also asked them to feedback to the higher ups the requirement for options such as Ambience interior in the Dynamic and/or Dynamic Plus seats for Pure or Prestige.
Loved the Pan roof and blind. Dual screen was awesome. Electric tailgate open/close will be great for my partner (she's short!). Not as much room in the rear as I would have hoped, but it's adequate (and a lot more than the DB9).
Rear seats are more comfortable than Range Rover Sport (according to my partner).
Overall very impressed and can't wait for delivery.
ANTVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy[/u]

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2011 10:19pm by ant.)
29-05-2011 10:18pm
Kermit

(29-05-2011 07:54pm)Charlie Wrote:  He said having the RSE on a coupe with the lux pack would be quite a rare car as most people would not spec the RSE on a coupe.

Probably because no one would be in the back seat to use it. The RSE, IMO, is the biggest waste of money in these iPad times we live in.
30-05-2011 02:19am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

With two young kids that find car journeys stressful it's money well worth spent being able to put DVDs on. Gets rid of the crap player we now have that you have to attach to the headrest and take off and put in the boot every time you stop. I love my iPad but you can't watch much on it as you can't play flash videos and 1 and 4 years old a bit young to be surfing the net in the back seat. I would say for those buying it as a family car with kids it will be a big seller.
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2011 06:04am by Charlie.)
30-05-2011 06:03am
Kermit

(30-05-2011 06:03am)Charlie Wrote:  I love my iPad but you can't watch much on it as you can't play flash videos

Watch much!?!?! I think you're very miss informed. You can watch heaps! Besides loading your own content you can YouTube and Vimeo on it. What more do you need? That would keep any toddler entertained for hours.
30-05-2011 07:05am