Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2.5 Average
Just got back from NEC Evoque Live
Daigriff

RE: Just got back from NEC Evoque Live

Yes it's the interior that did it for me. I've gone for the cirrus on the pure but it was much lighter than I'd expected and am worried about how it will wear. The prestige seats seemed far nicer with greater trim choice. I liked the ivory/ambience combo.

I really hope I can change but not lose my spot...should find out today.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
09-06-2011 08:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

I really hope I can change but not lose my spot...should find out today.
[/quote]

Great news I can change To the Prestige and expected delivery end October.

I know it's just over 4k more but feel happier after making the change.

Anyone else changed model?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
09-06-2011 04:45pm
Alex

(09-06-2011 04:45pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I really hope I can change but not lose my spot...should find out today.

Great news I can change To the Prestige and expected delivery end October.

I know it's just over 4k more but feel happier after making the change.

Anyone else changed model?
[/quote]

Congratulations - glad it has worked out for you, extra money I know, but if you had not done that it would have been playing in the back of your mind every time you drove it.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
09-06-2011 04:50pm
Daigriff

Congratulations - glad it has worked out for you, extra money I know, but if you had not done that it would have been playing in the back of your mind every time you drove it.
[/quote]

That's the thing Alex, when I saw the base price of each model (and used the online build tool) I thought that a loaded Pure offered the best value. However nothing beats seeing them in the flesh, and after seeing thePrestige on Sunday I was sold. The little details make a big difference and as I tend not to change cars too regularly it's even more important to get it right.

Must admit salesman has been really efficient...but I suppose I am spending more moneyWink

09-06-2011 05:09pm
Wicksy

Sorry but I have a different opinion, I've seen all the models in the metal and no way could I justify the extra outlay.

I went to the show fully expecting to change my order to the Dynamic but once the Pure is loaded up with most of the extras, in particular the fog lights, privacy glass and 20in. wheels there is very little difference imho
09-06-2011 07:13pm
Gorjan

(09-06-2011 07:13pm)Wicksy Wrote:  Sorry but I have a different opinion, I've seen all the models in the metal and no way could I justify the extra outlay.

I went to the show fully expecting to change my order to the Dynamic but once the Pure is loaded up with most of the extras, in particular the fog lights, privacy glass and 20in. wheels there is very little difference imho

Yeah, but you cannot order the Pure with certain options like Adaptive Dynamics... Which maybe give this car the edge maybe... Otherwise one might go for a Audi Q3 and save further 8k EUR...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
09-06-2011 07:40pm
Wicksy

(09-06-2011 07:40pm)Gorjan Wrote:  
(09-06-2011 07:13pm)Wicksy Wrote:  Sorry but I have a different opinion, I've seen all the models in the metal and no way could I justify the extra outlay.

Yeah, but you cannot order the Pure with certain options like Adaptive Dynamics... Which maybe give this car the edge maybe... Otherwise one might go for a Audi Q3 and save further 8k EUR...
But Adaptive Dynamics is an option that I truthfully wouldn't want in any case. Point I am making is that the Pure both inside and out isn't that much different to the other models. It really is only a little extra chrome here and there - hardly worth a 4k premium
09-06-2011 08:08pm
Gorjan

i agree that, you don't really get much for that kind of money as the Prestige cost... And is totally stupid tat you cannot have certain options on the Pure. Confused

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
09-06-2011 08:26pm
doug

I have gone over & over this question. Pure loaded up or Prestige.
In my eyes better leather electric seats & dash board & some chrome trim are not worth just short of 4K.
So sticking with a loaded up Pure. I know that come resell time, i will lose out. but as i will be keeping the car for 4-5 years, I will have my moneys worth out of the extra toys i add.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
09-06-2011 08:39pm
ant

It was the leather that did it for me. I wanted the Oxford leather, not the grained or the perforated, and I wanted cream/light coloured leather. The only way was Prestige, which I've fully specc'd up. I'll probably lose out come resale time, but I'll enjoy it for 3-4 years. Maybe by then there'll be more drivitaves and wider options.Laughing
AntVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2011 02:49pm by ant.)
09-06-2011 09:48pm