Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jaguar F-Pace
Tony

RE: Jaguar F-Pace

(07-09-2015 06:30pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I read in the Driving section of the Sunday Times yesterday that it will not have a very sophisticated AWD system, not even as clever as DS/Evoque as there won't be anything like the TR system, and they say that the 2WD version will be RWD.

Tim, We should know all a week today when the specs and prices are published. As its aimed at the on-road market so I would not expect to see a LR like-for-like TR system, so long as it can cope with a bit of snow and get up my drive I would be happy. JLR are being careful in their sales pitch that the F Pace is not seen as a direct alternative to a LR product, I hope they pull it off.

Most of the mags put the price range at £30 to £50k thats right with the Evoque. When the F Type was launched in 2013 the mags were predicting £50k for the V6, it turned out to be £67k, so we could be in for a shock on prices.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 06:46pm by Tony.)
07-09-2015 06:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

And how many F Types do you see on the roads? Not many and there are an awful lot of pre-reg F Types, both Coupe and Convertible , with only 50-100 miles on the do for sale on the Approved Used website. I hope that Jaguar has learned the pricing lesson and don't choose to be as greedy as Land Rover with pricing. As the car is basically an XE on stilts then hopefully Jag will keep the pricing near to that.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-09-2015 08:09pm
m_101

I hope so but am not sure. I really like the F-Pace and Jag would love more like me who have only just hit 30 and want one. I too am only really wanting it to deal well with snowy conditions and would go for a 3ltr V6 diesel, probably one of the pre-registered versions they can't shift if that does happen!
I had considered an F-type but they are just too expensive even if they are gorgeous to look at, and they seem to depreciate like a poorly constructed stone.
I also had a recent experience with Jag / LR in Motherwell which was really good and would go back to them to buy / service.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-09-2015 10:20pm
Tony

Well my RRS was supposed to have been built this week, the dealer promissed to keep me informed - Zilch!, does not return phone calls or e-mails.

When the F Pace specs and prices are released on Monday if it looks interesting I may well tell the dealer to stuff the RRS where the sun don't shine and wait to drive the Jag. This RRS is the most expensive car I have ever gone for and the most rubbish customer experience, needless to say if I go for an F Pace it won't be through M&D.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 11:03am by Tony.)
11-09-2015 11:00am
Tony

F Pace details and prices received this afternoon, looks VERY promising, at £51,450 for the V6 3lt diesel or petrol in S spec with no doubt better ride and refinement its got to be an Evoque killer. If it was available now I would cancel the RRS I have on order for October.

Prices start in the low £30k's and go up the £51k so right in Evoque market segment, BUT the F Pace is available with two 3lt V6 engines, turbo diesel and supercharged petrol. No doubt it will totally outclass the Evoque on road, and who really takes an Evoque off-road anyway.

14-09-2015 11:16pm
RacingSnake

Can't see any petrol engines in their range?

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
15-09-2015 08:02am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

RS, follow the link in the other F Pace thread and you can build one with any of the engines above

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-09-2015 08:32am
Teetree

Jaguar F-Pace

3.0 litre V6 380PS Supercharged Petrol (Automatic) All Wheel Drive
0-60mph in 5.1 seconds
Top Speed: 155mph
CO₂: 209g/km
Urban Fuel Economy: 23.2mpg
Extra Urban Fuel Economy: 39.8mpg
Combined Fuel Economy: 31.7mpg

£51k+ for the honour - ouch!!

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
15-09-2015 09:29am
RacingSnake

(15-09-2015 08:32am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  RS, follow the link in the other F Pace thread and you can build one with any of the engines above
I did Shocked
Must be a website glitch.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 09:34am by RacingSnake.)
15-09-2015 09:33am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

I noticed too that you don't get much interrior colour choice once you get into the S V6's either petrol or diesel, Black or Red, that's it, yet go down to the Portfolio or Prestige models you can have Black, Red, Latte, Tan........ just like when Evoque was launched back in 2011, if you wanted the Plus pack it was Black or Red, that was it.

(This post was last modified: 15-09-2015 09:53am by XFullFatTim.)
15-09-2015 09:53am