Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RRS2
tattoobob26

RRS2

I'm thinking about upgrading to a RRS2 does anyone have any experience with them and know what they are like compared to the evoque? Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 07:38am by tattoobob26.)
03-11-2015 07:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: RRS

Took delivery of an SDv6 HSE Dynamic in March. There is no comparison, RRS is light years better. Quality of build is in a different league, For such a big heavy car the fuel ecomony makes Evoque look like an alcoholic and the engine is silky smooth and more power/torque than most people want. Problem is it is so good that there is an even longer waiting list for one than there is for an Evoque despite the huge price (and that is a real downer because you are looking at £70,000 for a 5 seater). Mine is the 3rd RRS I have owned since 2005, a 2.7 TDV6, a 3.6 TDV8 and now the 3.0ltr SDv6. I can honestly say this is the best car that I ahve ever owned, it is more comfortable than either of the FFRR's I've owned, it can't half handle if you opt for the Dynamic Pack models with their trick suspension that isn't fitted to the non Dynamic HSE and it just leaps away when you welly it. In local driving (fast A roads mostly) I'm getting the same mpg or better (39-45 depending on how much rush I'm in!) than I got in my 2014MY Evoque. On Sunday I drove from London to Stirling (420 miles) in 7 hours including 2 stops for me, average trip speed 7X mph, average MPG 33. The car feels a lot better screwed together than my last Evoque and so far I have not had a single rattle or squeak from it. Mine has the optional 22" wheels with ULP tyres and the ride is simply stunning. Opting for the Dynamic model as gets you the transfer case and low ratio gearbox as well as the clever handling pack. Changing the setting to Dynamic also has a much more noticable effect on the driving experience than it ever had in my Evoque Dynamics. The steering weights up noticably, the ride firms noticably but is never filling loosening hard like it is on a BMW or Audi, the gear box shift pattern changes and like in S it holds onto gears a bit longer (I don't recall having used S yet in mine as D with paddles and Dynamic mode seems to make S redundant!). I've taken mine offroad 3 times since March and it has handled everything I have thrown at it with aplomb and even on 22" wheels and road biased tyres it has yet to get stuck. In more 2015.5 and 2016MY car there is the option to have All Terrain Progress which ties in the cruise control with the Auto Terrain Response. If you are going for one and want the low range gears that comes with the On Road/Off Road pack for the base HSE I would say forget it and pay the extra for the Dynamic because you get so much more than just the transfer case and low ratios, you get trick suspension, you get Auto Terrain Response and you get an additional eDiff so you have 2 locking diffs instead of just the one of the HSE. All the same options are available as on Evoque but be carefull with what you spec (but that was the same with the Evoque!) and keep it simple. Mine is a Corris Grey HSE Dynamic with optional 22" "giant" Evoque style wheels, privacy and fixed panoramic roof. I added the stainless steel front and rear bash plates (which are useless offroad as you have to take them off to access the recovery points!) and yesterday I added a set of 21" SVR alloys shod with winter tyres. In March I paid £69k and as the car was being built 2 days after I signed on the dotted line I couldn't change the spec at all (the car was a dealer oredered car for stock/ staff use but I took delivery of it straight from the factory). If you need a towhook then I would say get the electrically deployed one built in by the factory. It wasn't specced for my car and as a dealer fitted option it costs £2200................. added on the production line it costs £950! Needless to say I made do without the tow hook. This car can do everything that my Defender can do and a whole lot more but in so much more comfort and style and then go straight onto the motorway and do a 400 mile run without anything other than taking it out of low range gear box and putting it into high range.

IIRC we now have 5 members who have changed from an Evoque to an RRS2, most have gone for an SDv HSE or HSE Dynamic. There are calls on the RRSport forum for LR to make the Petrol engined V6 S/C available in the UK market cars as it is already in use in USA and some European and Asian markets where diesels are less popular, so if you fancy going for a petrol engine that isn't a tree stump pulling 5.0L V8 then there may be the V6 S/C option coming

I have just bought these wheels and tyres that were a dealership take off from an SVR that the owner had opted for the 22"s on, they have zero miles on them.

[Image: normal_image~8.jpeg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 10:25am by XFullFatTim.)
03-11-2015 10:13am
jcarrot

Unnecessary quote removed

Thought this was an Evoque Forum !!!!!!!!!!!
If I wanted to read about RRS I would go to their forum.
Shame you have such a down on the Evoque.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 10:44am by XFullFatTim.)
03-11-2015 10:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I had a brilliant Evoque that was followed by a not so good one (it too started out as a brilliant one but then LR called it in for a gearbox software upgrade that ruined it). The poster asked for experiences of RRS from owners so he got it, you didn't have to read it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 10:43am by XFullFatTim.)
03-11-2015 10:42am
tattoobob26

That's great thanks Tim what a great write up.
03-11-2015 07:25pm
Steve D

That's a terrible write up. I feel inferior in my Evoque and I want an RRS2! Maybe one day.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
03-11-2015 07:49pm