Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Jaguar F Pace
MrNoo

Jaguar F Pace

I was invited and went to Jaguars #artofperformance F Type ride and drive event in West Yorkshire at the weekend. I came away very disappointed with the F Pace particularly when compared to my RR Evoque. Whilst undoubtedly a bigger car with more space and a bigger boot it did not have the quality feel of the RR Evoque and wasn't a particularly special inside. The biggest let downs for me though were the ride - it was hard, harsh and fidgety on most road services and the noise levels particularly the engine noise were obtrusive and not a particularly pleasant tone.
I guess JLR must be targeting it at a different market to the RR Evoque - the RR Evoque being the luxury car and the Jaguar F Pace being a sports car (on stilts).
Whilst at the event and by contrast I took the opportunity to drive the new Jaguar XF - now that was nice and what a Jaguar should be like to drive.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2016 10:18pm by MrNoo.)
11-10-2016 10:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sasdiscos

RE: Jaguar F Pace

I don't think the evo is that special. not compared to a "proper" range rover. So if the f pace is worse then they really have let things slide.

Just for comparison i have a brand new loan fiesta eco boost at the mo. Its got everything the evoque has got in terms of gadgets. Yes i know its not finished as well but it costs about 12k.

If range rover and jag insist on charging a fortune for there cars then they need to step up there game a bit it think. Other car manufactures are catching up in terms of finish and most certainly quality.

Steve
12-10-2016 07:29am
doug

I may have one of these on order Whistle

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
12-10-2016 04:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

What, a Fiesta Doug?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-10-2016 08:55am
doug

(17-10-2016 08:55am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  What, a Fiesta Doug?

Nothing wrong with a Fiesta Tim Very Happy
It's been 5 happy years with the Evoque now, so I felt it was time to change. My original plan was to buy the V6 F pace until I discovered in the UK it can only be purchased in the "S" trim which is 8k more.
I then looked at an Audi QS5, great engine but that's it Yawn dated looks and technology. They is a 2017 model coming out next year, but won't available in the S or RS model for some time as yet. If you look at the pictures of the 2017 Q5 it's hard to tell what changes they have made, apart from the front grille. On the plus side all of the dealers are selling off there ex demos for at least 10% off, which sounds great until you realise the used price in 3-4 years time would suffer.

So it's a Jaguar F-Pace R Sport 2.0d AWD Auto with far more options than I planned on buying.
Driving the FP just seemed right. Yes it's a Jaguar but sharing so many components with Landrover it felt like home ( hard to explain). It was love at first drive. So car is on order waiting to get called in to the pool for a March delivery.

(This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 09:47am by doug.)
17-10-2016 09:45am
XFullFatTim

I like the F Pace too but very happy with my RRS especially as the output of the HSE Dynamic RRS SDv6 is unique to that car and higher than the HSE non Dynamic and F Pace and now Disco5, which I find also very appealing but I don't need a 7 seater! I am hoping for my next (if there is one) new car to have the V6 S/C engine to avoid the higher taxes on diesels coming next April. My RRS is only 18 months/ 11000 miles old too so really I would loose too much in depreciation to change it now even though I have been offered so very very attractive deals for it against F Type V8 AWD Coupe or Cabrio, F Pace ( as big a discount which doesn't bode well for F Pace residuals) or against an new Audi A6 Allroad (but their dealers I have found are worse to deal with than some LR dealers!) The discounts are available mainly I suspect because new and low miles demo Jaguars and Allroads are not selling as well as used RRS2........

BTW I owned Fiestas too, my first car was one, the I had another 1.1L followed by a rather special and great fun Fiesta Supersport 1.3 which was before the XR2 came out and I think a better car than the XR2 was

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 10:43am by XFullFatTim.)
17-10-2016 10:35am
doug

Talking of super sports. I mate of mine had one of these when we there in our 20's. A few years ago he tracked down the same car and bought it back. It seats in storage alongside a mark 1 golf Gti waiting for restoration.

Back to the F pace. Residuals should be strong, there's still a long waiting list and used models can fetch 20% above list price. It's Jaguars best selling model of all time which is a similar story to the RRE, with 80% of buyers new to the brand.

(This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 11:36am by doug.)
17-10-2016 11:26am
Sarcastrix

(17-10-2016 11:26am)doug Wrote:  Back to the F pace. Residuals should be strong, there's still a long waiting list and used models can fetch 20% above list price.

No supply problems over here, 30 pre-delivery/demo models available with healthy discounts too.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
17-10-2016 12:41pm
doug

(17-10-2016 12:41pm)Sarcastrix Wrote:  No supply problems over here, 30 pre-delivery/demo models available with healthy discounts too.

Discounts Shocked I wish, I started off asking for the service pack for free working down to a set of rubber mats and ended up with NOTHING. Even left it two weeks for them to ring me back, but not even a follow up call from them. UK Dealers are on strict orders form Jagaur not to discount anything. I do wonder if the cups of coffee I drunk will be on my final bill.
On pick up day my kids are on orders to empty their fridge of all soft drinks.

17-10-2016 01:29pm
XFullFatTim

I see that the F Pace V6 Diesel now has the same engine as my RRS. Also was very impressed with the 3.0V6 S/C petrol engine featured with the FFRR 5.0S/C and a Bentley Bentgaya on The Grand Tour recently, wonder though what the consumption is like when you drive it lake Hammond drove the demo car.............. certainly proved it point though - the total cost of the Jag was less than the cost of all the optional extras on the Bentley!

13-02-2017 11:43am