• 1 Votes - 5 Average
J. Dub's Build... An emblemless lifted White Evoque dynamic coupe w/ black roof
J. Dub

J. Dub's Build... An emblemless lifted White Evoque dynamic coupe w/ black roof

Here is my last finished Custom Build:Custom Lexus
Here is a build I was forced to abandon:Custom Prowler
Here is my old Daily Driver Build:Custom Insight
Here is my latest Daily Driver Build:Custom 335i

I'm here because I wanted a vehicle that is awd, 2-door, glass roof, heated and cooled seats, contains "drama features" such as side mirrors that fold out upon unlocking the car, interior lights that fade out like a movie theater upon starting, a steering wheel that retracts when exiting, and comes forward when starting the car, headlights that move up & down in attempts to find a center line upon starting the vehicle and adapt to turns in the road, along with 0-60 in under 4. The only vehicle that seems to match that criteria is the new 2016 Jaguar F-type. But it's far too expensive for my current budget. And it's too low to the ground... I require an AWD or 4WD vehicle.
So I started looking for other vehicles with glass roofs but with actual ground clearance. And that pointed me to the 2014+ Jeep SRT. Huge glass roof. Problem is they're all over the streets where I live. Everyone has one here in my state. Plus it's a 4-door and I find 2-doors much more tasteful. I was also pointed to a Jeep Wrangler with the custom glass JeeTop. But sadly, Jeep Wranglers are also a dime a dozen here in the states. And I prefer to stand out in the crowd on the road.

So here I am w/ a 2014 2-door Evoque Dynamic. I've finally found the car that fits my budget and has things on it I like. I admit I wanted to purchase the redesigned MY16+ dynamic but YET AGAIN here in the states we get neutered by an oversea car company. And we don't get the option of a Dynamic coupe hardtop here in the states. I also LOVE the sports seats that the UK dynamics had the option of getting. I think they're recaro's. Sadly we didn't get those seats here in the states either. So I was stuck with hunting for a 2012-2015. After searching for 4.5 months I found a 14 dynamic coupe with 20,021 miles on her and almost all the options I wanted. Problem was she was 758 miles north east of where I live. It turned out dynamic coupes are rare here in the states.
Sadly, despite this engine being a ford ecoboost motor and having a HUGE tuning scene here in the states... I have found NO ONE that will tune the engine on these evoque's.
Another thing I wished my evoque came with aside from the MY16 headlights, tail lights, massage seats, & 10.3" intouch headunit was the black pack & the adaptive cruise control. I also wish cooled seats was available on the dynamic but, sadly, that was only on the pure or tech trim. Which I find strange but we all know LR logic is strange. I digress.
As far as my Evoque. I was surprised by how firm the ride is. Admittedly, there is still an enchantment I have with this vehicle. The interior and exterior are stunning, bar none. The suspension is perhaps something I will address much later in the future. But by that point I will be holding my breath that LR NA brings 2017 dynamic coupes to our shorelines that are NOT convertibles. And if they do, I will sell my queen and move to a new one.

:Onwards to the actual build:

Convenience/Coded:
-Auto open trunk/boot module that lifts itself open & closed via remote or dash button
-Side mirrors fold on lock/unlock
-Waze auto launch via llama on cell (hacked Arnold voice-when phone detects going over 10mph, it launches)

Interior:
-20% tint front side windows (match the rear windows) needs to be redone as my installer left many bubbles in it
-Rubber all weather floor mats F&R
-5k white LED interior lamps above rear seat
-Red LED under dash / footwell lamps
-Removed warning stickers on visors
-Gloss black all the alum trim pieces on dash and center console
-Flat bottom, flat top, perforated leather sides / smooth U&L heated steering wheel

Exterior:
-LRC867 paint code for Fuji White (for my records)
LRC820 paint code for Santorini Black pearl metallic (for my records)
-Removed/shaved all exterior badges
-Filled & shaved front bumper holes
-Removed all stickers on door jambs
-Painted (high temp) exhaust tips santorini black
-Painted (high temp) rotor hats gloss black
-Painted (high temp) brake calipers gloss black
-Painted factory 20" wheels santorini black
-Black tire stems & black lug nut covers
-Painted the silver trim on front bumper santorini black
-Painted the fog lights upper and lower chrome, santorini black
-Painted the fog light area surround santorini black
-Painted the exhaust silver surround santorini black

Exterior Lighting:
-MY16 black pack tail lights
-MY16 black pack headlights
-T10 cree 50w projector LED's as reverse light
-Off road LED light bar behind front grill (30")

Security:
-F&R DDPai mini 2 dashcams
-Magnetic holster mounted under steering wheel for my CC
-Whelen PA system

Engine/Trans:
-Latest Trans flash update from LR NA
-Removed engine cover (for better under hood temps)

Suspension:
-H&R 30mm lift kit (1.2")
-Try and find longer dynamic shocks (doubt it-maybe bilstein)
-Fabricate a way to lower the shocks mounting eyelet so the shocks still think there is no lift and will not bottom out if, in case, I cannot find longer magnetic dynamic shocks

Maintenance/Fix:
-Clean/condition all rubber weather seals
-Clean & wipe all interior felt w/ tape
-Eventually an injector cleaning and walnut blasting will be needed
-Find two more screws for license plate w/ black covers

**MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC** **MISC**
I got the previous owners maintenance records by calling his dealership and asking for them. Looks like he had the Evoque serviced at 10k and @ 20k miles on the odometer.
-I ordered cabin filter, air filter, oil filter, and oil on 9/21/16
-I will be sending oil analysis to blackstone to see how the engine is doing
-I will be cleaning the felt, the window rubber trim, and all rubber trim along with conditioning it this weekend

Future mods:
-Lower the driver seat 2" to see under rearview mirror
-Mirror android on the HeadUnit and control android from headunit
-A spare to match the taller tires Maybe even wide enough so I won't need spare wheel middle floor holder?
-Hide-a-plate rear plate
-PA system
-Code brighter angel eyes (not yet figured out how)
-Code 7 blink one touch turnsignals (not yet figured out how)
-Code more aggressive headlight AHL (not yet figured out how)
-Figure out how to get the DRL's to stay on at full brightness after unlocking car
-Install FlashLogic Remote Start / keyless entry from cell phone (literally leave key at home)

Wish I had mods:
-Easy exit / entry with steering wheel moving out of the way. Currently, the easy exit doesn't work cause my seat is already as far back as it will go.
-Adaptive cruise control
-22x11 +20 wheels gloss black Rohanna RC22's
-305/35R22 tires
-10" headunit out of the 2017 evoque
-Heated & cooled sporster seats from UK with massage
-V8 out of the RR Sport SVR

Latest photos/videos 1st

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4612]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4613]

[Image: uFx8lWf8IFKjUcHpdtSo6S8DnlPdzfPhjat_dwal...1080-rw-no]

[Image: EqVnp0JNPPjvIpy3nceyEm7lFmdfR6QQgO9zMvOd...1080-rw-no]

[Image: -76mU_bV6WUN2VEw-3rVvA-e_QWDXgyERC99sapb...1080-rw-no]

[Image: yx85n3kSjiUuAGE6kGCAO1Ff7MaWUP81GRr1AJ9k...1080-rw-no]

[Image: 16odiKMgeJ7tzoAoHUj2Nln9Pc2oe7Tf0lyKK0vb...1080-rw-no]

[Image: 3LpYk7703ZZpxQMUttnuLM7h8Yz4mSVjjxGNe5Ab...1080-rw-no]

[Image: 6ZdFpLuBM9WmXSdM6zU5FACrovnbtyTLYc2c7LzJ...1080-rw-no]

[Image: atoGTHXw5Y7wmVCy31rHSQfWrMMt_bB_RA109Yzj...1080-rw-no]

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2016 01:58am by J. Dub.)
22-09-2016 11:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Doody

RE: J. Dub's Build... An emblemless lifted White Evoque dynamic coupe w/ black roof

you've got some PLANS, dude!!!!! keep us posted and share pics!!!!

doody

2012 Prestige Premium
22-09-2016 11:56pm
J. Dub

RE: J. Dub's Build... An emblemless lifted White Evoque dynamic coupe w/ black roof

(22-09-2016 11:56pm)Doody Wrote:  you've got some PLANS, dude!!!!! keep us posted and share pics!!!!

doody

Hi Doody, I see you're in the states... Yet again we get screwed by LR NA not bringing in a coupe Dynamic evoque hardtop. Sad.
And yes will post pics tonight

22-09-2016 11:59pm
DVFlyer

Checked out your BMW and Prowler links. Very cool. You don't mess around. Maybe add a chrome Jag hood ornament to your Evo... ha ha ha...

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
23-09-2016 02:49pm
J. Dub

(23-09-2016 02:49pm)DVFlyer Wrote:  Checked out your BMW and Prowler links. Very cool. You don't mess around. Maybe add a chrome Jag hood ornament to your Evo... ha ha ha...

haha, yea that jag ornament was the first thing to get whacked haha.

Here is my latest photo of the evoque.
More to come.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4612]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=4613]

(This post was last modified: 19-11-2016 01:58am by J. Dub.)
19-11-2016 01:54am
xoz

My gosh I'd loved to fork out $$'S for these but for just can't justify this.
All yours J Dub, if you haven't already seen them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-Range-Rov...Sw44BYE2D8

Btw: cool mod list you have going on.

MY12 SD4 Coupe Fiji White. Manual
19-11-2016 01:32pm
Nickj

Cars looking great, but can't see any modified pics. Those seats look a bargain. I have the sport seats in mine and love them.

My previous weekend car was a highly modified m3. Had a modded 335d also prior to this.

[Image: DSC_0288.jpg]

Just bought a a45 amg that I'm currently tweaking
21-11-2016 09:29pm