Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's test drive time
chiggy

RE: It's test drive time

(11-11-2011 07:21am)DT_Sanchez Wrote:  Took both the Si4 and TD4 out for a drive today.

Si4 Dynamic Coupe with Dynamic Tech Pack:

Cons - A little light touch on the acceleration pedal and the Coupe wants to launch itself forward. It may have just been the vehicle that I was driving but the acceleration seemed to get the power on too quickly for a comfortable take off.

I actually enjoyed the Si4. But now I think about it.. I agree! The SD4 is much smoother when taking off and seems a lot more.. sensible. The Si4 seems too eager.... as much fun as it is! I think the Sd4 would be much more comfortable for everyday driving.

Si4 is kinda like an 18 year old going to a club for the first time... way too many hormones being thrown around from time to time...

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
11-11-2011 07:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
andrewcui

I currently drive a Nissan Skyline R34 turbo coupe... that is what the Evoque will be replacing...

I took a 5door SD4 Pure for a drive today. Loved it!!
As most people have already mentioned the rear view does look quite small.. however the side mirrors are HUGE!!! I found them quite useful and you can see a lot when looking at them.

The SD4 engine seemed pretty quick for a car of its size.. coming from the skyline i was impressed.
Originally i had been looking at the TD4.. however my dealer was not getting any TD4 demos for a while.. so i took the SD4 for a spin to get a feel for the car... i found when the car was moving it effortlessly accelerated when required. From a standing stop there was a slight hesitation if u slammed on the accelerator... but if you gradually press it it seemed better.

I didn't try sports mode or the paddle shifters... i like how the gear shift comes up when you turn on the engine Smile

The first time i saw the Evoque i thought it looked a little small.. today was the 2nd time i have seen one and actually quite like the size of it. As most of my driving will be in the city i think it is a good size. When in the drivers seat it really felt like i was sitting 'in' the car. The back seat on the 5 door seemed roomy enough. Overall I am happy with the size... and i know the pano roof will make it feel bigger again (no pano roof on this demo).

The handling was good. When driving it didn't really feel big or awkward.. i would say it handles very much like a sedan. This car had 20" style 6 rims.. the drive didn't seem harsh.

So after the drive today i have ordered a Dynamic SD4!!

Arrived: SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Black in and out, Style 6 rims, Pano roof, Reverse camera, Privacy glass
11-11-2011 09:47am
benzina

Here's a rear size comparison pic with the FL2... The Evoque is a fair bit lower, and looks so much more sporting...
[Image: evoque5001.jpg]

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 11:44am by benzina.)
13-11-2011 04:01am
gead

Man, that looks tiny!

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
13-11-2011 10:41am