Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's here!!
Aussievoque

It's here!!

Just picked up my evoque a few hours ago Very Happy - pretty chuffed at the moment.

Very impressed with everything. It looks even better than I had hoped especially the style 5 wheels which I was sure I would hate (dealer selected option), they look 100 times better in the flesh than in pictures, I actually really like them now.

As for the ride and performance, it has so far surpassed my expectations. The TD4 has way better performance than I remember from the test drive and the handling and ride are oh so smooth! Cruising along at 100 feels like about 50.

Not so sure that the panoramic roof has any great benefit for me, I found it too bright and glary with the blind open. I still have to work out all the gadgets but all seems pretty intuitive so far, managed to pair my phone with bluetooth with no problems.

As for delivery, 15 minutes of paperwork, 2 minutes with the dealer. Received a full tank of fuel, umbrella, bottle of wine and box of chocolates - more than I expected based on early negotiations!

So far, so good, everything impresses me, worth the wait and no regrets. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Will get some photos and upload them soon.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
18-01-2012 06:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefLeppard

RE: It's here!!

Wow, sounds like you found the holy grail of Dealers - who was it?

Congratulations, Im soooo jealous!

Im an easy girl to please - a box of chocolates would impress me from my dealer!

Cant wait to see some photos.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
18-01-2012 06:51am
chiggy

Congratulations mate!

Enjoy the ride. I'm hoping mine arrives soon! has been built and shipped.. just a matter of time now!

exciting!!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
18-01-2012 06:57am
Barneyridge

Congrats Aussie, looking forward to the pics.

And I thought I was doing well with a coffee......

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
18-01-2012 07:09am
Aussievoque

(18-01-2012 06:51am)DefLeppard Wrote:  Wow, sounds like you found the holy grail of Dealers - who was it?

Congratulations, Im soooo jealous!

Im an easy girl to please - a box of chocolates would impress me from my dealer!

Cant wait to see some photos.

Dealer was John Patrick Prestige in Port Macquarie. Chocolates were only Ferrero Rocher so don't get too excited Wink and I don't drink wine so I miss out there. It has been raining a lot lately though so the umbrella is a winner. Receiving any goodies was pretty much unexpected, would have been stoked just with the full tank of fuel!

Can't wait to finish work to go show off my new toy. I have already driven through rain (so the black is dirty already Rolling Eyes ) and I'm fascinated by the rain sensing wipers! Only disappointment so far is I haven't noticed anyone obviously stop and stare - what's wrong with these people!
(18-01-2012 07:09am)Barneyridge Wrote:  And I thought I was doing well with a coffee......

Chocolates, wine and brolly trump coffee every time Laughing

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 07:23am by Aussievoque.)
18-01-2012 07:22am
spif888

Congrats Aussie

The ship that was carrying my baby docked in Brisbane today so I'm hoping to have her by the end of the month.

BTW, how did you go with negotiating the final price. Was the dealer prepared to shave anything off the RRP?

Enjoy the ride!!

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
18-01-2012 07:57am
MPK

Congrats Aussie!

We share an anniversary!! I also picked up my Evoque today and I'm over the moon!! Smile

My handover took about 1 hour and the sales rep went through all of major features of the car. I didn't receive any goodies except for a dealer key-tag, which was a bit disappointing!

I was very pleased with the ipanema sand colour and glad i went with the almond interior. The two colours complement well. I had a chance to try the sound system and i am quite impressed with the sound. The range of output is quite impressive. The drive was just superb! I have agree with Aussie, you have to keep an eye on the speed! Looking forward to taking it for a spin this weekend!

I will post pics soon.

Hang in there guys! Its definitely worth the wait!!

Cheers,
MPK

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
18-01-2012 10:16am
Aussievoque

(18-01-2012 10:16am)MPK Wrote:  We share an anniversary!! I also picked up my Evoque today and I'm over the moon!! Smile

My handover took about 1 hour and the sales rep went through all of major features of the car. I didn't receive any goodies except for a dealer key-tag, which was a bit disappointing!

Hang in there guys! Its definitely worth the wait!!

Well done MPK - a great day all round!! At delivery my dealer told me "there's too many gadgets to go through them all, go home and play with it, if there's anything you can't work out - call me." The caring was overwhelming!! Especially after my delivery time slot was bumped back an hour because the dealer had to do a delivery for a Suzuki Swift!!

Quick pic taken with phone. Will upload more on the weekend after I get it looking spiffy using some Zaino paint protection products.

(18-01-2012 07:57am)spif888 Wrote:  BTW, how did you go with negotiating the final price. Was the dealer prepared to shave anything off the RRP?

I think I managed to get away without paying dealer delivery as it was a vehicle the dealer had pre-ordered. Other than that there was absolutely no room for haggling to the point that the dealer principal rang me one day to ask that I stop asking the salesguy for a better price as they had already "done all they could" Laughing

(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 11:33am by Aussievoque.)
18-01-2012 11:15am
spif888

(18-01-2012 11:15am)Aussievoque Wrote:  Well done MPK - a great day all round!! At delivery my dealer told me "there's too many gadgets to go through them all, go home and play with it, if there's anything you can't work out - call me." The caring was overwhelming!! Especially after my delivery time slot was bumped back an hour because the dealer had to do a delivery for a Suzuki Swift!!

Quick pic taken with phone. Will upload more on the weekend after I get it looking spiffy using some Zaino paint protection products.

I think I managed to get away without paying dealer delivery as it was a vehicle the dealer had pre-ordered. Other than that there was absolutely no room for haggling to the point that the dealer principal rang me one day to ask that I stop asking the salesguy for a better price as they had already "done all they could" Laughing
Well done. If they excluded the dealer delivery charge you did well because that can be quite a sunstantial amount.

The car looks absolutely beautiful.

I can't wait to get mine at the end of the month!

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
18-01-2012 12:06pm
Barneyridge

Pics look good. I have the same wheels on mine

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
18-01-2012 12:25pm