Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
It's at the dealers......but can't have it for 2 weeks!!
Misfit

It's at the dealers......but can't have it for 2 weeks!!

My build date was 29th Oct but it seems to have arrived well ahead of schedule and is at the dealers garage already.

I wasn't expecting to collect it until the 12th, but now I know it's there I want it ASAP.

The trouble is their workshop is fully booked this week, and the salesman I was dealing with is on holiday. They will see what they can do, but at the moment the pick-up date is 10th November....almost 2 weeks to wait.

I'm thinking about offering them overtime to get it through the PDI this week - what do you reckon the going rate would be for the labour required to do the PDI? How many hours is realistic? I've seen quotes of 5hrs to 2 days on the forums.

I sold my car already and am relying on lifts and public transport (which is an absolute pain).....so delivery can't come soon enough.

Santorini Black Dynamic SD4. Privacy glass, keyless entry, black headlining, spare wheel. Delete engine badge. Downgraded to style 5 wheels.
29-10-2012 05:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: It's at the dealers......but can't have it for 2 weeks!!

That's really a poor excuse, speak to the dealer principle and tell him you need it by weekend. It takes a few hours to pdi and a few hours to valet and prep the car. Any of the salesman at the sealer can sort the paperwork out. If you don't get any joy speak to LR customer services.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
29-10-2012 08:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply