Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Issue with air conditioning
mklam90

Issue with air conditioning

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has the same issue here. The air conditioning on my MY13 stopped working today. It's still blowing air out but not cold, even though I've turned on the AC and to the lowest temperature.

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
12-12-2014 12:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
infinity

RE: Issue with air conditioning

(12-12-2014 12:17pm)mklam90 Wrote:  Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has the same issue here. The air conditioning on my MY13 stopped working today. It's still blowing air out but not cold, even though I've turned on the AC and to the lowest temperature.

Hope the below information is useful. A trip to the dealership may be necessary.

SSM71996
Lack of Cooling From Air Conditioning

Issue:
Lack of cooling from air conditioning

Cause:
Suspected leak from evaporator

Action:
Engineering are currently investigating this issue and would like to visit vehicles with suspected evaporator leaks.

If you suspect the evaporator is leaking please do not attempt to dismantle the HVAC unit as engineering need to see it complete with pollen filter still installed.

To cause the minimum inconvenience to the customer engineering will visit UK reported vehicles within 24 hours and European reported vehicles within 48 hours.

Please submit and EPQR with full contact details including an e mail address to arrange a visit.
12-12-2014 01:29pm
mklam90

(12-12-2014 01:29pm)infinity Wrote:  Hope the below information is useful. A trip to the dealership may be necessary.

SSM71996
Lack of Cooling From Air Conditioning

Issue:
Lack of cooling from air conditioning

Cause:
Suspected leak from evaporator

Action:
Engineering are currently investigating this issue and would like to visit vehicles with suspected evaporator leaks.

If you suspect the evaporator is leaking please do not attempt to dismantle the HVAC unit as engineering need to see it complete with pollen filter still installed.

To cause the minimum inconvenience to the customer engineering will visit UK reported vehicles within 24 hours and European reported vehicles within 48 hours.

Please submit and EPQR with full contact details including an e mail address to arrange a visit.

Thanks for the info, I've called today and booked it in with my dealer. They said to bring it in next Tuesday and leave it there for a few days, not sure for how long. The worst part is when I asked for a loan car and they said they've got no more cars to loan out. Seriously not happy with the service of the dealer (MLR).

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
13-12-2014 01:37pm
infinity

(13-12-2014 01:37pm)mklam90 Wrote:  Thanks for the info, I've called today and booked it in with my dealer. They said to bring it in next Tuesday and leave it there for a few days, not sure for how long. The worst part is when I asked for a loan car and they said they've got no more cars to loan out. Seriously not happy with the service of the dealer (MLR).

Most welcome. Glad to help. Understand your frustration with poor service from the dealership. Hope you can get back your car earlier.
13-12-2014 01:59pm
bloubul7

Mine did the same about a year ago. They replaced the compressor unit
14-12-2014 07:19pm
mklam90

How long did you have to leave the car at the dealership for? The holiday is coming and they don't provide any loan car so I'm just wondering.

14-12-2014 07:21pm
steegie

Hi,

It seems that I have a similar issue : my airco is continuously blowing (very) hot air at the passenger side independent of the settings of the airco. Changing the temperature setpoint does not have any influence. The temparature at the passenger side will always be extremley hot...

The airco did already show some issues before on the passenger side (sometimes blowing very cold air independent of the airco setting), and therefore I visited the dealer. They did an update of the software (on 15/12/2014) and they told me that they have to replace a stepper motor to get this properly fixed. Therefore an appointment was made (12/01/2015).

Since the begin of last week it became a lot worse as the temperature in the car becomes way too hot and therefore I contacted the dealer yesterday morning. I asked them to shedule an appointment asap, and they told me that they would look to see what could be done.

I got feedback yesterday evening : it is not possible to shift the appointment as they are too busy for the moment and it will take them 2 days to replace the stepper motor of the HVAC (before they have said that it would take maximum one day). I told them that I was not pleased with this, since the temperature gets way too high and therefore the risk exists that some HVAC components would start to melt. They told me that if this would happen that they will fix this also (as part of constructor warranty). I'm still not pleased with this as I now still have to drive for 14 days with the car before they will fix the HVAC issue...

So my questions are :
1. Does this sound like a known RR evoque issue?
2. Can/should I take the risk to drive further the next 2 weeks?
30-12-2014 12:34pm
PhilSkill

Welcome Steegie, Sorry to hear of your troubles, If it's a stepper motor.. (that's an IF) then it'll likely be the mixing of Cold and Hot air to make the desired temperature that is not working, I expect the motor has wound the mix to full Hot setting on failure. Given it's an electric heater I'm surprised it would be running at maximum though, as set the dials to cold enough you'd expect the heater to switch off to save power rather than heating and mixing in cold air, which is less efficient. (have you tried both settings to LO?)

I'd be surprised if you could melt anything from the heater, although I'd be worried it's reducing the life span of the heater if it's running at Max all the time. I'd just try to use the car as little as you can get away with, LR dealers are very overloaded with the successful sales. If they've told you any further damage will be rectified then if it makes things worse they should fix this too, it's all under warranty.

The other option is call out LRA, difficult as not a breakdown as such, but they may be able to do something to limit the issue till you get it fixed.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-12-2014 01:09pm
steegie

Hi PhilSkill,

Thanks for your reply, i'm also not convinced that it is the stepper motor, but that is what they told me at the dealer.

I did try to set both sides to LO, but this results in cold air on the driver side and still hot air on the passenger side (the temperature is that high that you can't hold your fingers on the air outlet).

The only solution that I found untill now is to actually turn off the heating complete, but then the windows get foggy so I can only do this for a very limited amount of time.

The next few days I don't have to go far with the car so no problem there. Next week I have to do longer distances, so if the problem is still there I might give it a try to call LRA.
30-12-2014 02:25pm
PhilSkill

Well keep us updated as to what happens steegie!, guess you could just keep switching it on and off, not great, but if it preserves the life until you get it fixed all the better. You can always try the old fashioned way of opening a window a bit to reducing fogging.. if you can stand the cold that is!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
30-12-2014 03:56pm