Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras?
Bings

Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras?

Just thinking it would be good it you was able to record the video image from the surround cameras to some sort of hard drive does anyone know if this is possible?
14-09-2014 10:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mat B

RE: Is there a mod so you can record from the surround cameras?

I've been trying to look into this my self. Would be very interested if there is Smile
14-09-2014 01:41pm
bee

(14-09-2014 01:41pm)Mat B Wrote:  I've been trying to look into this my self. Would be very interested if there is Smile

dont recon its possible. i purchased a blackvue car cam three years ago and very happy with it.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
14-09-2014 04:01pm
The Valeter

I had this idea a while ago. Given the cameras are there, there is a hard drive in the dash & so a recording unit could easily be added as it would take virtually no space I sent the idea to Landrover suggesting they could add this option & probably charge £300 + for it depending on the model but they didn't even acknowledge my email let alone act on it.
Perhaps secretly they thought it was a good idea & didn't want some peasant thinking of it so blanked me!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 09:57pm by The Valeter.)
14-09-2014 09:56pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redrob

(14-09-2014 09:56pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I had this idea a while ago. Given the cameras are there, there is a hard drive in the dash & so a recording unit could easily be added as it would take virtually no space I sent the idea to Landrover suggesting they could add this option & probably charge £300 + for it depending on the model but they didn't even acknowledge my email let alone act on it.
Perhaps secretly they thought it was a good idea & didn't want some peasant thinking of it so blanked me!

Perhaps they didn't want you to take out a patent on it, or pay you for the idea.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
14-09-2014 11:16pm
markdartj

(14-09-2014 11:16pm)Redrob Wrote:  Perhaps they didn't want you to take out a patent on it, or pay you for the idea.

Yes, plausible deniability. Also, they would probably charge more like 600 for the option. Happy motoring!

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
21-09-2014 09:52am
The Valeter

(14-09-2014 11:16pm)Redrob Wrote:  Perhaps they didn't want you to take out a patent on it, or pay you for the idea.

Funny you should say that as that is exactly what I was thinking. Still if they do bring it out in the future hopefully they may read this or it can be quoted to them & see what happens. I also sent it by email which is traceable. I sent a copy to the Landrover representative on here too.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 10:49am by The Valeter.)
21-09-2014 10:47am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply