Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the Evoque value for money?
ceebee

I think so.

Mine ticks all the boxes of what I need/prefer in a car.

It's a decent family car, with added style and luxury and the benefit of 4 wheel drive for the winter. I don't need the toys that are available on top end models and as I have never had them in prior cars I don't really miss them.

The depreciation should be low for a while yet as the supply chain struggles to keep up with demand.

When I compare mine to the nearest rivals and their respective costs I think that for just under the 32K that I paid, I think that I would struggle to find an alternative car that would keep me as happy if the Evoque was not on the market.

Therefore, when all things are considered think my SD4 Pure is pretty good value for money.

I would be interested to hear what other forum members think.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 05:29pm by ceebee.)
23-06-2012 05:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Is the Evoque value for money?

depreciation seems massive at the moment....cf thread on residuals

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 05:34pm by defender_uk.)
23-06-2012 05:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

Of you like the car, it's good value for money. If you don't, then not...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
23-06-2012 06:12pm
ED209

In pure spec its good value, as you add more and more options and shiney bits the value decreases.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
23-06-2012 06:16pm
Evo-king

It makes me feel good every time I look at it, I just love driving it and even now people stare and point at it, it's not lost any of it's desirabilty or wow factor.

The main thing is that it does the tough stuff exceedingly well.

For those of you yet to get into one yet, the wait is worth it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-06-2012 06:59pm
Kimv

(23-06-2012 06:16pm)ED209 Wrote:  In pure spec its good value, as you add more and more options and shiney bits the value decreases.

I never understood that... It's a offer vs demand issue. And the demand for highly specced cars will be big whereas the offer smaller.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
23-06-2012 07:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Value for money has never been LR's strong point, you pay a lot for the Range Rover badges, always have done and always will, after all it is one of the worlds great "brand" names. If you tell folks you drive a Range Rover it conjures up impressions that are not always strictly true or sometimes even desirable. Discos and Tarmac salesmen, RRS's and footballers, FFRR's and "old money" but what does an Evoque say?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 07:13pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-06-2012 07:12pm
ED209

(23-06-2012 07:11pm)Kimv Wrote:  I never understood that... It's a offer vs demand issue. And the demand for highly specced cars will be big whereas the offer smaller.

How do you know demand for high spec cars will be big? High spec means high price and in these times of austerity not everyone has the money for a high price.

Its well known that you never ever get anywhere back what you spend on options at resale and that the more you spend on a car the more you loose.

Plus i firmly believe a 50k evoque is not 20k more of a car than a 30k evoque.

Then again some people think spending thousands on gadjets they rarely or never use represents good value. I personally dont.

In a worlrd where the list price of a similar sized none 4x4 bmw 320d touring m sport is £32,380 before metallic paint at £610 and other options are added I think my td4 pure at under 30k represents cracking value!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 07:19pm by ED209.)
23-06-2012 07:15pm
Evo-king

(23-06-2012 07:12pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  but what does an Evoque say?

Tim, I think that question is a whole new thread.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-06-2012 07:23pm
ED209

(23-06-2012 07:23pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Tim, I think that question is a whole new thread.

In a boxster vrs 911 style it means you cannot afford a full on range rover.

I will admit i fall into this category.

23-06-2012 07:25pm