Poll: Is the Evoque a landmark car ?
Yes
No
Don't care
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the Evoque a landmark vehicle. ?
Jonathon555

Is the Evoque a landmark vehicle. ?

Sometimes a vehicle comes along that changes the rules, is the Evoque one of those vehicles ?

It creates a new market , moves the games on & goes down in history as a landmark. Such vehicles as the Audi quattro, mk1 golf gti , renault espace etc ..... All created a new market & changed the rules for forever

I think the Evoque is a game changer and its British !

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
12-05-2012 08:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smayo

RE: Is the Evoque a landmark vehicle. ?

I don't think so.

Oh it does a lot of things very well, but nothing game changing IMO.
The only thing that it has in bucket loads over the competition is looks.

(ducks down waiting the barrage of dis-agreement)

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
12-05-2012 09:00pm
ytshome

Not a game changer no. Very good looking, with a nice interior ( I would have said excellent if it were not for some of the cheap plastics around the steering wheel) and will certainly have shaken the opposition. However, for it to be a game changer to me it would have to drive a little better, be a lot more economical and use some better materials in places where it's tried to save money.

That said, I washed her today and she looked great and made me feel very lucky. I'm pleased and as it stands struggle to see anything outside a FFRR that comes anywhere close to floating my boat.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
12-05-2012 09:10pm
Jonathon555

Style / value / quality / ability

Many pretenders have tried , but normally fall down on ability.

Q3 Q5 X3 X5 XC90 XC60 ....... Etc

All a disaster off road or in snow

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 09:11pm by Jonathon555.)
12-05-2012 09:10pm
Blackseries

(12-05-2012 09:00pm)smayo Wrote:  Oh it does a lot of things very well, but nothing game changing IMO.
The only thing that it has in bucket loads over the competition is looks.

I think there are 2 things that make the Evoque a landmark car and these are its design and the level of luxury for its size.

Very rarely do you get a clean sheet design exercise that then becomes a production reality, virtually untouched. Plus without exception all the other cars in this sector are pretty much the result of a corporate jigsaw design .... the corporate grill plus the corporate window profile plus corporate light cluster.
Yes the Evoque is instantly recognisable as a Land Rover product but all the elements are unique to the car..... interestingly the Porsche Macan is not due out for 18months but its design looks old next to the Evoque ..... because we’ve seen it all before ..... just a bit bigger.
If a car makes everything else around it (including cars yet to be launched) look old fashioned then surely that is the definition of a landmark car.

The second point is the level of luxury that’s available in a car of this size ... ok others COULD have done it before but they didn’t. Others will follow ..... and that is what makes it a landmark car.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
12-05-2012 09:43pm
Mudi1

My Dad told me I have the new wag car! I was very insulted, but unfortunately that may have been the market LR was aiming for (21st century yuppies) aargh!

I like the car for the looks etc. but i am really put off things associated with 'fashion or what's in'. (will never by Burberry, Milano blancs etc.) as fashion fades, but classics don't.
12-05-2012 10:24pm
Straydox

(12-05-2012 09:43pm)Blackseries Wrote:  I think there are 2 things that make the Evoque a landmark car and these are its design and the level of luxury for its size.

Very rarely do you get a clean sheet design exercise that then becomes a production reality, virtually untouched. Plus without exception all the other cars in this sector are pretty much the result of a corporate jigsaw design .... the corporate grill plus the corporate window profile plus corporate light cluster.
Yes the Evoque is instantly recognisable as a Land Rover product but all the elements are unique to the car..... interestingly the Porsche Macan is not due out for 18months but its design looks old next to the Evoque ..... because we’ve seen it all before ..... just a bit bigger.
If a car makes everything else around it (including cars yet to be launched) look old fashioned then surely that is the definition of a landmark car.

The second point is the level of luxury that’s available in a car of this size ... ok others COULD have done it before but they didn’t. Others will follow ..... and that is what makes it a landmark car.

+1

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
13-05-2012 01:40am
J77

I think for LR the Evoque is a landmark it's a completely new direction for them and overall they have got it right, yes there are things that can be improved and for some owners quality control issues that need to be addressed but as I said overall it's a stunning little car.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-05-2012 02:15pm
broady43

Absolutely,I have brought this up on a previous thread "iconic".

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
13-05-2012 10:07pm
Belvoirbloke

Mine is due to arrive this week. Even after 2 test drive days and endless looking at the configurator and google images, I still have no clear picture in my mind’s eye how the car looks. It’s proportions are very special, both big and small at the same time, it is truly unique. The car's design detailing has been meticulously thought through with great talent and artistry, so it is benchmark, landmark, whatever the turn of phrase. Maybe it falls along side the DS, Mini, R5 and a few others for it’s cohesive design quality. Its predecessors were also not free of nasty bits of plastic here and there but it didn’t spoil the joy of owning one for a moment.
Perhaps Evoque is a very appropriate name, conjuring up an essence of daring to style from the past ?

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
(This post was last modified: 15-05-2012 12:25am by Belvoirbloke.)
15-05-2012 12:24am