Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my Evoque due a service??
Steve D

RE: Is my Evoque due a service??

They normally give you 1 month/1000 miles grace. I know with new cars you can have them serviced anywhere and as long as equivalent spec parts are used and it is serviced in accordance with the manufacturers specification, your original manufacturers warranty is not affected. However, I have a 2012 Evoque with a used approved warranty which is underwritten by a third party (I think) and I'm pretty sure I read in my T&C's that it has to be serviced by a LR dealer to maintain the used approved warranty. Not a problem for me as mine also came with two years servicing as they were running a promotion at the time I purchased it.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
16-01-2017 12:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

It all depends on the dealer to an extent the day the warranty runs out.

I had a Volvo that had a wheel bearing go 3 weeks after the Warranty ran out, ended up being done as 50% charge.

Had a Daewoo that blew a head gasket 1 week out of warranty and they refused any warranty claim...

Then I had a Mazda that had a power steering pipe fail 8 months out of warranty, but because the Rack had been replaced 2 years before by Warranty and so they did it free of charge!!!

So a Good dealer can be worth a lot in these situations.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-01-2017 12:49pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Even Land Rover realizes that some of their dealerships service bays are booked up for months ahead so there is leeway in going over, I would suggest that you try to book in at you nearest dealer and ask them at that time what happens if you exceed the 12 months period and I think you will be told what Steve has posted above - 1 month 1000 miles grace.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-01-2017 12:50pm
sasdiscos

Not sure to be honest. I'd guess they'd play hard ball.
16-01-2017 01:49pm
Steve D

If you cant get it booked in at your local dealer within the time, try the next nearest ones - most of them offer a free collection and delivery service anyway. Don't forget to see if they have any special servicing deals going and get a few quotes first to compare prices.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
16-01-2017 02:09pm