Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it worth going for adaptive dynamics option?
kaalus

Is it worth going for adaptive dynamics option?

I have a Prestige on order with 19" wheels and can still add options for several more days. I was wondering whether it's worth to go for adaptive dynamics? Would it increase the ride comfort or just make it more firm? I am not into sporty driving so I am not really interested in dynamic mode, I just want the car to drive as smoothly and quietly as possible.
09-01-2014 12:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

RE: Is it worth going for adaptive dynamics option?

In my view it firms up the suspension and makes for a more sporty drive. Not sure whether I'd spec it again.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
09-01-2014 02:02pm
kaalus

(09-01-2014 02:02pm)IKM Wrote:  In my view it firms up the suspension and makes for a more sporty drive. Not sure whether I'd spec it again.

I'll skip it then, thanks for the info!
09-01-2014 02:25pm
tetstb

No, it will shake your teeth out

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
09-01-2014 03:45pm
proudthunder

[[/size] I HAVE THE DYNAMIC CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THAT AND THE NORMAL SETTING
09-01-2014 04:21pm
RacingSnake

sorry mate, I think I missed that? Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
09-01-2014 04:31pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
proudthunder

(09-01-2014 04:31pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  sorry mate, I think I missed that? Laughing
I should have pressed the preview first

Si4 DYNAMIC 3dr LUX pack O/G black contrast roof space saver 2 rear seats style 7 wheels ebony leather & headlining
09-01-2014 04:35pm
RacingSnake

To the OP, (and in fact the first reply!) - do make sure you know the difference between 'adaptive dynamics' and the 'dynamic mode'.

Adaptive dynamics is working ALL of the time, and are very good making for a very smooth and fast reacting ride.
IF you select the dynamic mode, then yes, it firms up the suspension and damping to make it more fun when you want to have a play, or race a BMW on the curly slip road of a motorway Laughing

For what its worth, it is a very good (and highly regarded) suspension system on the evoque, and I'd certainly spec it in if I were to re-order.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
09-01-2014 04:37pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kaalus

(09-01-2014 04:37pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  To the OP, (and in fact the first reply!) - do make sure you know the difference between 'adaptive dynamics' and the 'dynamic mode'.

Adaptive dynamics is working ALL of the time, and are very good making for a very smooth and fast reacting ride.
IF you select the dynamic mode, then yes, it firms up the suspension and damping to make it more fun when you want to have a play, or race a BMW on the curly slip road of a motorway Laughing

For what its worth, it is a very good (and highly regarded) suspension system on the evoque, and I'd certainly spec it in if I were to re-order.

Wait, does it mean when I spec adaptive dynamics and never go near the "dynamic mode" I _will_ get smoother ride?
09-01-2014 04:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have never been able to tell the difference between Dynamic Mode suspension and plain adaptive when it is switched off except on certain roads with a ridged concrete surface when it seems to get very confused. I would say go for it and never use the dynamic mode button. In addition to tweaking the reaction rate and firmness of the suspension it also beefs up the steering feel. I like the adaptive suspension but have never been terribly convinced of the dynamic mode "enhancements". The adaptive suspension does make the car corner with much less roll than a non-adaptive set up too

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-01-2014 05:23pm