Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible to retrofit electric seats?
Erea

Is it possible to retrofit electric seats?

Hi is it possible to retrofit electric seats to a 2014 ED4 Evoque that has Manual seats with the single electric adjustment?
I’ve searched here but I’ve failed to find an answer.
I Retrofited electric & heated seats to my base D3 in the past.

Thanks
28-08-2018 08:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Is it possible to retrofit electric seats?

Anything is possible. Might not be easy and it certainly won’t be cheap.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 29-08-2018 07:12am by Steve D.)
29-08-2018 07:10am
Erea

(29-08-2018 07:10am)Steve D Wrote:  Anything is possible. Might not be easy and it certainly won’t be cheap.
Oh I guessed it wouldn’t be cheap but there might be parts available form a scrap yard etc. It’s the “might not be easy” part that I’m wondering about. In the D3 it’s possible to do by swapping a few wires around.
30-08-2018 11:50pm
PhilSkill

If you don't want the memory part then you probably could get away with some power cables and the Electric seats. Adding the memory function will require ECU programming and door card inserts etc etc.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
31-08-2018 09:32am
Sarcastrix

The door cards will cost you more than the seats!

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
31-08-2018 12:51pm
Erea

Thanks for the replies. No need for memory module, basic full electric seats would be perfect. We currently have a FL2 and are looking at an Evoque ED4 but the seats will be a step backwards as the FL2 has electric seats with an armrest. I was wondering if the basic electric seats from a 2016 onwards would easily fit in a 2014. Better buy the car first lol
31-08-2018 11:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You cannot fit an Evoque with seats with armrests unfortunately and to my mind a huge mistake not to have them. The Centre cubby on cars since 2014MY have a different design of cubby box lid that allows it to slide a bit and it is more comfortable to use as an arm rest, but not as good as the real fold up rests on the other cars. Is it electrically adjustable seats or electrically heated that you want because there are companies out in cyberspace that sell retrofittable heater cushions to replace the padding in an unheated seat base.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018 02:52pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-09-2018 02:51pm
PhilSkill

As Tim mentions, Be careful on the 2016 to 2014 models, as many interior parts changed design and may not be fit compatible inter chaging them. You maybe better trying to get some seats from the same model year as yours if you really want, or buy one with the options you want.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-09-2018 07:58pm
Erea

Thanks for all the replies, as it turns out we went to buy a 2014 Evoque that had only partial electric seats and ended up buying a 2016 Evoque with electric seats. Haven’t gotten it yet but the deal maker was the Landrover approved two year warranty.
I’m sure I’ll be a regular on here looking at various different things to do with the Evoque,
10-09-2018 02:41pm