Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Is Firenze Red a metallic colour?
bobbrightwell

Is Firenze Red a metallic colour?

On the Evoque website Firenze red is described as a metallic colour but on the note below I got from the dealer handling my car order it is described as a solid colour - from the videos of the colour I have seen it also looks solid but it is hard to tell from a video.

Can anyone confirm if it is a metallic colour or not? (I am ordering car in the red anyway as I think it is the sportiest looking colour but just curious so I know what to expect when I finally see my car hopefully in January.)

Description Type
Metallic - Buckingham blue OPT
Metallic - Galway green OPT
Metallic - Indus silver OPT
Metallic - Ipanema sand OPT
Metallic - Orkney grey OPT
Metallic - Sumatra Black OPT
Solid - Firenze red OPT
Solid - Fuji white FOC
20-06-2011 01:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: Is Firenze Red a metallic colour?

Firenze red is definately metallic. That is how it is described on the configurator and it certainly looks it when you see it on a car. It is also why it was unavailable for a short period, i.e. the factory in japan that produces that type of metallic was closed due to the earth quake.
As far as I am aware Fuji white is the only solid colour that is available at the moment.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
20-06-2011 02:00pm
bobbrightwell

Thanks for the reply which is good news as given the choice I would prefer a metallic finish
20-06-2011 02:17pm
cjfp

I bl@@dy well hope it's metallic ! I'm gonna be reet miffed if it's not! (and unless they been showing 'another' red at all the shows!)

As paulus599 says, white is the only flat colour.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
20-06-2011 05:06pm
paulus599

(20-06-2011 05:06pm)cjfp Wrote:  As paulus599 says, white is the only flat colour.

Well, I hope it's got a gloss finish tho! Very Happy

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
20-06-2011 08:05pm
Japseroony

I think you guys need to check with your dealers as I don't think Firenze Red is available at this time due to the earth quake in Japan!!
21-06-2011 10:26pm
paulus599

(21-06-2011 10:26pm)Japseroony Wrote:  I think you guys need to check with your dealers as I don't think Firenze Red is available at this time due to the earth quake in Japan!!

No, it is available again. The Japanese factory re-started production of Xirallic in mid May and LR announced it was available again on the dealer portal on 21st May
LR has also said that they have a small stock of that paint which is available for cars being built in the first batch. If you had originally ordered it, but had to change because of the problems, then you would be able to change back to it.

(This post was last modified: 21-06-2011 11:03pm by paulus599.)
21-06-2011 10:37pm