Poll: Supermodel or frocked up Freelander2?
Supermodel in it's own right
Freelander2 in a designer frock?
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Evoque a Freelander2 in a party frock?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Is Evoque a Freelander2 in a party frock?

RRSport has always been considered to be a Disco3 in prettier clothes than the Transit Van looks of the D3 so what is you view of the Evoque - Freely2 in a designer frock or a supermodel in it's own right?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-04-2011 06:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

RE: Is Evoque a Freelander2 in a party frock?

Having been to the factory and seen all the components that are different between the 2 models and even the different construction methods used, I would definitely call them two separate models. Also just as importantly in this day and age is the electronics infrastructure that appears to be quite different. So OK the engine and large bits of the power-train are the same as is wheel base (but not width) but pretty much everything else is different. And when you see the two together (especially a Coupe) they look quite different.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
03-04-2011 02:00pm
XFullFatTim

Hoho, I don't know about you guys but on my screen for this poll I can see who has voted for which option..................... under the "graph" there is a set of red brackets and "Show Results" when I click that I can see who voted for what, never seen that on a forum poll before!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-04-2011 04:42pm
cjfp

(03-04-2011 04:42pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Hoho, I don't know about you guys but on my screen for this poll I can see who has voted for which option..................... under the "graph" there is a set of red brackets and "Show Results" when I click that I can see who voted for what, never seen that on a forum poll before!

Yes, that option is there for us too.

I trust your 'confidence' will keep the confidence of the 'one'. Besides, I didn't mean it in a bad way (oops, I have let the secret out!)

Also, not that your confidence matters as all can see it !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2011 05:25pm by cjfp.)
03-04-2011 05:24pm
XFullFatTim

Cross my palm with silver and I won't tell anybody........................

03-04-2011 05:25pm
Kermit

(03-04-2011 02:00pm)Blackseries Wrote:  So OK the engine

Is soon to be available in the XF (diesel). Shame it's 8spd auto isn't in the RRE. If car manufacturers can't spread the costs of development across multiple models then there would be a lot less choice for us consumers.
04-04-2011 02:39am