Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ipod freezing - anyone else having this trouble!?
MrHooky

Ipod freezing - anyone else having this trouble!?

Bit annoyed at how temperamental the Ipod connectivity is. I’m using a 1st Gen Ipod touch connected using the apple cable. Had the car 2 months and it has ‘frozen’ I would probably 10 times now. I’m almost expecting it to do it now. So frustrating, usually caused when I’m just trying to scroll through the folders.

The only way I can seem to get it to sort itself is turning the ignition off and leaving for a few seconds and then restarting again which isn’t always possible.

Anyone else having this trouble? Also my screen is frustratingly slow when going through the ipod, at least a few seconds between pressing the ‘up folder’ and anything happening.

Still love the car though…

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
20-06-2012 11:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Ipod freezing - anyone else having this trouble!?

There is a known and recurrent issue with USB connectivity in the Evoque where the device is disconnected without any logical reason.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
20-06-2012 03:36pm
Cedric

Haven't had such a problem with my first gen ipod touch, works like a charm, except for the audio quality. I still have to give it a try with losless audio.
I had one glitch with the ipod. Sometimes it plays a song different from the one indicated on the display. This has possibly to do with the drm that's still on some songs on my ipod.
20-06-2012 07:55pm
MrHooky

Re: Ipod freezing - anyone else having this trouble!?

Did it again this morning and then still frozen after I turned the ignition off for 5 mins whilst I dropped the kids off. I'm going to call the dealer as its really annoying me now!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
21-06-2012 09:47am
Evo-king

Touch wood my first gen ipod works fine, as a back up have bought a 32gb usb flash stick, loaded it up with some music and works well, just got to fill it up now.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-06-2012 07:27pm
Claud

My new 160 GB Ipod classic froze today and I had to reboot it by locking then pressing the centre button and menu for a few seconds. All was well again. Don't try this while driving though!

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
21-06-2012 09:47pm