Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Intermittent parking sensors
Spoonez

Intermittent parking sensors

So, I've been slowly changing my pure into a dynamic and have just changed over the front bumper. Whilst doing so I changed the original corroded front parking sensors for a new set of aftermarket ones. These work fine but only when the engine is first turned on and then once the car is moved or has been on a while they stop working. Once the engine has been turned off for a while it repeats and comes on until the car is moved or has been on.

To rule out a faulty sensor I replaced with another four and it does the same thing.

I am being told that the car doesn't like the aftermarket sensors but seems a little strange as that two separate sets are doing the same thing.

Are they meant to be reset somehow?

This is on a 2016 SE tech
17-01-2021 02:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Intermittent parking sensors

The only time i've had issues with the parking sensors seems to be occasionally in damp conditions where they stop working for a while, Once i've removed the front bumper partly, cleaned and sprayed them with connector spray and that seems to get them working again.

Did you not keep the original corroded ones to try?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-01-2021 12:16pm
Spoonez

RE: Intermittent parking sensors

(18-01-2021 12:16pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  The only time i've had issues with the parking sensors seems to be occasionally in damp conditions where they stop working for a while, Once i've removed the front bumper partly, cleaned and sprayed them with connector spray and that seems to get them working again.

Did you not keep the original corroded ones to try?

They are on the way back to me from the person I sold the bumper to.

It just seems strange that they work until I move for a while and the process repeats every time I turn the engine on.
18-01-2021 12:53pm