Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interior lights question plus rear vents
sasdiscos

Interior lights question plus rear vents

Hi all, in my range rover autobiography, i had the full concert lighting, this was, puddle lamps in the front and rear doors, door handle lights, door cup lights and a light that illuminated the floor to show the rr badge on the mats.

In the evoque i have, it has front door handle, door cups and the mirror lights, there are two holes in the back door cups but no lights and no holes for the handles.

Does any one have these lights installed and what model spec are they on? lights in the back or puddle lamps in the bottom of the door cards.

I want to know if i can get the leds from range rover to fit, i would assume they come as a whole loom for the door.

Another issue i would like to retro fit is the rear air vents. is this possible, i had passengers in the back the other day and they were complaining they were too hot.

My discovery and range rover had full rear ac controls. Im surprised the evoque doesn't have vents as standard. I know some cars have it. I think its just air duckted from the front in the evoque so shouldn't be too hard to do. Need to find the rear panel from a car with it fitted.

Ta muchly, Steve.
23-07-2016 04:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good shot

RE: Interior lights question plus rear vents

(23-07-2016 04:35pm)sasdiscos Wrote:  Hi all, in my range rover autobiography, i had the full concert lighting, this was, puddle lamps in the front and rear doors, door handle lights, door cup lights and a light that illuminated the floor to show the rr badge on the mats.

In the evoque i have, it has front door handle, door cups and the mirror lights, there are two holes in the back door cups but no lights and no holes for the handles.

Does any one have these lights installed and what model spec are they on? lights in the back or puddle lamps in the bottom of the door cards.

I want to know if i can get the leds from range rover to fit, i would assume they come as a whole loom for the door.

Another issue i would like to retro fit is the rear air vents. is this possible, i had passengers in the back the other day and they were complaining they were too hot.

My discovery and range rover had full rear ac controls. Im surprised the evoque doesn't have vents as standard. I know some cars have it. I think its just air duckted from the front in the evoque so shouldn't be too hard to do. Need to find the rear panel from a car with it fitted.

Ta muchly, Steve.

I had the same problem with the rear vents. I hadn't noticed we didn't have them for 3 months until the kids had a long trip in the summer! My understanding is that they can't be retrofitted. You had to order them as a £75 optional extra at purchase. They are part of a rear centre console with some music/radio device.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
23-07-2016 09:45pm
sasdiscos

So nobody has rear vents then, or rear illuminated door handles? maybe they never fitted them at all.

Rear vents must have been a very rare option.

oh well.

Steve
24-07-2016 11:54am
Mark^^

I have an 2013 Dynamic with rear vents that heat and cool, and I am sure these were standard in this model for Australian cars however some reported they only got cold air out of them.

In mine there is no lightening on the rear door itself except for the illuminated window switch. The only puddle lights are from the front mirrors and with a light in the door handle focused on the handles as part of the mood lighting system. I also have illuminated doorsills, but only front, wich is the only placing I have heard of in the Evoques.

I hope this helps.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2016 10:57am by Mark^^.)
25-07-2016 11:04am
Good shot

Most models now seem to have air vents in the rear built into the pillars between the rear and front doors. The ones I was talking about are rearward facing but in the centre consol. I would have thought many people specced these into the build. I bought mine from the dealers stock and didn't realise until it was too late that there was no rear ventilation.

There is another thread about it on here somewhere!

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
25-07-2016 01:40pm
benzina

i ordered my 2012 with the rear centre vent console option, and so glad i did. Seem to only blow cold air though.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 25-07-2016 02:06pm by benzina.)
25-07-2016 02:06pm
sasdiscos

it is interesting how they add some bits and leave some off. The rear door cups have a slot for illumination, so they clearly thought about it at some point.

Our audi has rear vents that blow hot and cold dependent on the front setting.

My ffrr had full control and the discovery had vents from the front and also an over head control with fan settings for each passenger and the boot was air conditioned as well for the 6 and 7th seat, was handy for the dogs.

Steve
25-07-2016 06:54pm