Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interior lights do not always turn on
moofish

Interior lights do not always turn on

First, a shout out to this forum regarding the squeak in the A Pillars. Finally, my LR dealer is replacing the two interior and one exterior. Thanks to the input here, I was able to convey the issue to my dealer. This is the 3rd time they have looked at it, so hopefully it'll be the last. Now my current issue of which the dealer cannot replicate:

The interior and puddle lights sometimes do not turn on when opening the driver side door, or actually, any door. The RE is garaged, and usually unlocked. At times, I have opened the driver side door and no puddle or interior lights. Shut the door, re-open, they turn on. Other times, no issue, they turn on. I open the driver side door, no lights, shut the driver side door and open the driver side back door - puddle and interior lights turn on. It's always hit or miss, but usually when RE has been sitting untouched for little while, like 30 minutes or more. The dealer is stumped and thinks that maybe the LED interior lights I switched out over 18 mos ago might be the culprit, but I reminded them that this issue just started a few weeks ago. I have checked to make sure the interior lights are on auto. When the car is locked, then unlocked, there is no problem, the interior lights always work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and had it resolved?
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2015 09:43pm by moofish.)
07-02-2015 09:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
moofish

RE: Interior lights do not always turn on

(07-02-2015 09:46pm)moofish Wrote:  First, a shout out to this forum regarding the squeak in the A Pillars. Finally, my LR dealer is replacing the two interior and one exterior. Thanks to the input here, I was able to convey the issue to my dealer. This is the 3rd time they have looked at it, so hopefully it'll be the last. Now my current issue of which the dealer cannot replicate:

The interior and puddle lights sometimes do not turn on when opening the driver side door, or actually, any door. The RE is garaged, and usually unlocked. At times, I have opened the driver side door and no puddle or interior lights. Shut the door, re-open, they turn on. Other times, no issue, they turn on. I open the driver side door, no lights, shut the driver side door and open the driver side back door - puddle and interior lights turn on. It's always hit or miss, but usually when RE has been sitting untouched for little while, like 30 minutes or more. The dealer is stumped and thinks that maybe the LED interior lights I switched out over 18 mos ago might be the culprit, but I reminded them that this issue just started a few weeks ago. I have checked to make sure the interior lights are on auto. When the car is locked, then unlocked, there is no problem, the interior lights always work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and had it resolved?
28-02-2015 01:54am
PhilSkill

Try this

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Interior-...9#pid27769

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
28-02-2015 10:46pm
moofish

(28-02-2015 10:46pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Try this

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Interior-...9#pid27769

Thank you for your response. I did set the interior lights to 'auto', but I double checked this evening to be sure. It is set on 'auto'. Afterwards, I left the vehicle sit unlocked for about 30 - 45 minutes. Went back out and tried, unfortunately, the same results. I open the driver's door, no lights, shut it, open the back door, puddle and interior lights turn on. I've previously tried all of the door combo's and it always ends up being open one door, shut it, open any other door or even the same door - lights come on. I would think other RRE owners that have swapped out the interior lights for LED's would be experiencing this issue to some extent, but this forum, which is pretty good at troubleshooting, has been quiet. I might eventually try replacing the interior lights with the OEM's to see what happens.
03-03-2015 01:43am
PhilSkill

Definitely worth putting back to OEM as the low current for the LEDs and a change as the LEDs age may be confusing the output stage of the ECU, if its back to dealer, they will need to see it in OEM state before they do anything under warranty.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-03-2015 10:22am
moofish

OEM interior lights replaced - wow, no comparison to the LEDs. However, no change with the issue. After sitting for about 30-45 min unlocked, open a door, no lights. The mesage center and touch screen both activate, but no interior lights - footwell or other. Closing and re-opening a door, triggers the interior lights. I've noticed if I open the tailgate first, the interior lights will come on - that's the only door that correctly triggers the interior lights. Back to the dealer.....
26-03-2015 02:18am
moofish

Follow up to this issue. The replacement back to the OEM bulbs have resolved the issue. It took a few weeks, but I have not experienced this issue for well over 2 months.

If anyone in the US stumbles upon this post and knows of a good website I can purchase led interior bulbs at a reasonable price, let me know. I don't want to spend $10.00 a bulb as I've seen on certain sites. I might just have to live with what I have.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 01:07am by moofish.)
31-07-2015 01:04am